WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to find out information about a Bulova Marine Star. I know it's an older watch, but how old? Going to check it out tomorrow. What would be a fair used price if it is in good working order? Quartz movement? The picture is what the seller posted.
5Nd5K45J13G93F73J9bcqab0fcd6e64c51621.jpg
I posted similar info on the beginner forum, not much response about this one.
I do have a friend going with me, that I trust, and he is a collector. I'm trying to get educated! Thanks for and help/ advice provided.
-j

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
jjdeal79, it is a nice looking Marine Star. I would imagine it was manufactured in the early - mid 1990s. If you'll look down at the below the 6 o'clock position on the dial, there should be a series of numbers and letters there (e.g., 96B11). Once you have gotten that information you can Google "Bulova Marine Star 96B11" or whatever and you should be able to find out more about the watch. As far as value goes, the best way to get a ballpark estimate of what you should expect to pay for it (or what is a reasonable price) is to go to Ebay and search "Bulova Marine Star" under the Jewelry and Watches category and take a look at what others are paying for similar watches or asking for. That is the simplest way to see what the going price is. They even have a menu item for "Completed listings" where you can find out what watches actually sold and what they sold for. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts