WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big, 40mm across by 41mm high, 1973 17 jewel Golden Clipper. I say possibly coz no pics of one like this anywhere, but has gold plated movement like all golden clippers, but not automatic. $(KGrHqR,!roE-Yzw6fBRBPo6vNPUy!~~60_12.JPG $(KGrHqRHJEIE88cr4FWiBPUPIfFyVQ~~60_12.JPG

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oliver, the pics are high res. and the watch looks fine to the naked eye. Original band too, the seller stretched it fully open for the pics, but it's fine. Polished the case and crystal anyway, SOP with a new watch!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Thanks Oliver, the pics are high res. and the watch looks fine to the naked eye. Original band too, the seller stretched it fully open for the pics, but it's fine. Polished the case and crystal anyway, SOP with a new watch!
Yeah, I know what you mean about the high res pics. They sure can make a beautiful case look a little worn. While I like the look of a gold plated case, I really love the SS cases because of their durability and ease of restoring that "like new" look.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oliver, do you use cape cod cloths? I have used them for a few months now, and if you give a GP case a light polish, then buff well, they usually come up like new.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Oliver, do you use cape cod cloths? I have used them for a few months now, and if you give a GP case a light polish, then buff well, they usually come up like new.
I have one of those 2-piece cloths: One cloth impregnated with jeweler's rouge and the other a polishing cloth. I have had one of those for about 50 years, believe it or not! Purchased a couple more recently, giving one to my daughter and 3 grand daughters to keep their Bilova 221 Accutron Mini Ladies watches nice and shiny.

If you have seen reference on here to using PlastX auto plastic headlight lens cleaner, that's what I am using extensively now for just light polishing. It works well on both SS and GP cases, as well as crystals, and leaves a coating on the metal to reduce tarnish. Of course, I use microfiber cloths to apply and polish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts