WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the clock pictured below. The case is solid brass and weighs a ton. About 6" tall, including the ring on top. Overall case condition is very good to excellent. Has a 214 movement that needs servicing to operate properly - no biggie. No date code on movement back. Clock is marked "Swiss" on the movement cover. Even though the movement is mounted inside this shell, it still has a locking ring to remove the back. While doing research on Accutron clocks I was amazed to see how many different styles were marketed by Bulova. Not certain if the band is original! :lol: The poor little tuning fork must have to work awfully hard to move those large hands.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Very nice. I have been looking at various manufacturer's desk clocks. This one is a fine example of some of the wonderful vintage desk clocks out there. The only thing stopping me from getting into going for one at this time, is moolah. I wouldn't mind adding a desk clock here and there. Nice. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing stopping me from getting into going for one at this time, is moolah. I wouldn't mind adding a desk clock here and there. Nice. :thumbup1:
Thanks! I know what you mean. Kinda picked up more watches and spent more $ than I had planned. There are quite a few different clock cases Bulova used for the Accutron movement. Some are perhaps more interesting than mine but the condition and price was right. Also like that it is Swiss and has the 214 movement. Don't really know the date and haven't removed the movement back yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts