WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Calypso that's a truly great story behind your Astro mk2! Did you fly a Stearman? Is that what's in your avatar.
Sorry I missed your question. After the coil failure in 1984 I did get a quote from 'Old Father Time', so high that I had them return the watch unrepaired, to me in Australia. There it sat until 2017 when Rob B fixed it for a very reasonable sum. Those days I was doing international flying with Canadian Pacific Airlines (now absorbed into Air Canada) so the two time zones were handy. The hour hand could jump an hour at a time.
About the avatar, I owned my own Citabria aircraft in the seventies, but that is not what you see in the avatar. In 1972 I built a model biplane. My pilot friend also had the same type model, so we did some formation flying aerobatics with them (radio control). My friend died ten years ago and left his Rolex GMT to me, yet despite all those years passing, my model still hangs from my ceiling, having flown a few thousand kilometers - never badly damaged, now 46 years old. We also flew on skies (Canada) so that is the configuration you see in the avatar.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts