WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering to look about see more information about a watch I inherited. I have a 1971 bulova beta 21 and I don’t know much about it. I have seen some old threads and see that it is rather rare due to people melting it down. And if it’s allowed any info on possibly looking into selling the watch since I know it’s about 100grams of 18k and I have no clue what a value would even been for it since the last time is was appraised was 8 years ago.
Thankyou!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you still have your Bulova 18k Accuquartz? I have acquired one myself and wondering if you found out a value on it. It must be a rare piece because it's hard to find any information on it.
Thank you
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I was wondering to look about see more information about a watch I inherited. I have a 1971 bulova beta 21 and I don’t know much about it. I have seen some old threads and see that it is rather rare due to people melting it down. And if it’s allowed any info on possibly looking into selling the watch since I know it’s about 100grams of 18k and I have no clue what a value would even been for it since the last time is was appraised was 8 years ago.
Thankyou!
Did you end up selling that Bulova Beta 21 or you still have it? Any pictures you can post?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I got a beta 21 accuquartz movement/dial/hands but I have no case. It's a sad reality as the cases are really unusual and asymmetric. There are a few prolific collectors of the beta 21 that don't have this version, so its worthwhile to put it on ebay or at a big auction.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sounds like the gold 2313 cased accutron you sold that was scrapped taught you a big lesson! (y)
I thought I had set it above the scrap value at the time. Unfortunately the values jumped up in short timeframe and there is a particular guy who watches all things marked 14k, especially accutrons. It also goes to show that collectors of accutrons are not like omega/rolex. For a 14k watch to sell for under $1000 to scrappers means that collectors are more interested in $100 beater watches than the nicer and rare 14K models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts