WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at purchasing a silver brushed case model and wanted something in the bull45 range. I think the designs of the bull45 is generally of high standard. There was only 1 drawback for myself. It's the quartz movement. It in itself for some is not a big thing and I well now it helps to keep the price down which is a good thing.

However, for some of us , automatic movement remains the heart and soul of the watch and no matter how beautiful the watch, the engine needs to match the exterior.

I did a search and pleasantly surprised by Chris already looking at this. http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/official-lum-tec-forum/50917.htm

What are some key input you guys have for an automatic bull 45 range?

Mine are:

1) keep the watch lighter and less beefy. The A45 is already large enough. Modelling to keep weight and thickness in check is more aesthetically pleasing and likely to have more demand.
2) automatic movements . Keep away from hand wind movements
3) have selection of chronograph auto and normal auto A45 models
4) I like the blue sunray dial. Hope to see metalic green , metalic navy blue or even orange dial.

Keep up the good work Chris and hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

dave

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I'd love to see a Bull automatic or a Bull mechanical watch with the crown (screw down) located at 3 O'clock.

I have no interest in a Bull quartz or a Bull mechanical with winding "issues" resulting from the crown located at 12 O'clock. I enjoyed Curtis' review (Tic-Tok) of the Bull A16H, which highlighted the awkward winding chore, especially when the movement is near full wind.

I am very happy with the Bull's existing case design (leaving aside the crown location), and don't think it needs to be "improved upon" by substituting a harsh angularity for its beautiful smooth-flowing lines.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I suggested a smaller, 40mm Bull for those of us with wrists 7 inches and under. 45mm in a square watch can look like a postcard on the wrist. My idea wasn't well supported.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I like the bull crowns

I'd love to see a Bull automatic or a Bull mechanical watch with the crown (screw down) located at 3 O'clock.

I have no interest in a Bull quartz or a Bull mechanical with winding "issues" resulting from the crown located at 12 O'clock. I enjoyed Curtis' review (Tic-Tok) of the Bull A16H, which highlighted the awkward winding chore, especially when the movement is near full wind.

I am very happy with the Bull's existing case design (leaving aside the crown location), and don't think it needs to be "improved upon" by substituting a harsh angularity for its beautiful smooth-flowing lines.
I have to respectfully disagree; i love the Bull push buttons on top. Makes the watch unique and not dig into my metacarpals. I bought the Bull A13 because of the buttons on top. I do agree that if i was an automatic it would be hard to wind hence my reason for ordering a quartz model. If Chris is considering a new automatic model, I would suggest keeping the chrono push buttons on top but maybe move the winding crown to 2 or 4 oclock. I hear from some forums that there is plenty of inventory of Valjoux 7750 movements. I also heard that 2824's are getting harder to get.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree; i love the Bull push buttons on top. Makes the watch unique and not dig into my metacarpals. I bought the Bull A13 because of the buttons on top. I do agree that if i was an automatic it would be hard to wind hence my reason for ordering a quartz model. If Chris is considering a new automatic model, I would suggest keeping the chrono push buttons on top but maybe move the winding crown to 2 or 4 oclock. I hear from some forums that there is plenty of inventory of Valjoux 7750 movements. I also heard that 2824's are getting harder to get.
I don't think we have a disagreement. I was lobbying for a Bull automatic, not suggesting that LT should stop producing more quartz-themed Bulls. For those who prefer quartz model Bulls, there are already quite a few prime examples in the corral, both with and without push buttons on top. The thread referenced automatics, and that's always a topic that gets me fired up, particularly in some future Bull-styled case.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have two A16H models and I can hardly disagree with the complaints these are a bit awkward to wind...
I'm wondering if getting something like this would work for the A16H...

Still I do like the looks of this crown orientation though, imho all that it needs is a slightly larger, or higher if you will, crown.
With that, winding it would become lots easier, but since the 6497-1 will be hard to get it isn't very likely we see a new handwinding Bull anyways.

In case of some auto movement, using a winder would help even with the small crown because you would hardly need to use it.
I liked the new Bull renders of a while back, so I just impatiently wait to see what Chris comes up with...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 100 percent in agreement with push buttons on top. That is unique to lum-tec and love to see it retained.
With the miyamoto 9015 auto movements availaible... there's no need to look to the valjoux 7750 or 2824. I don't think the lack of automatic engines is the problem. I think it's because lum-tec is fairly new to market and people are still not wanting to flesh out $1000 or more.. so lum-tec is smartly holding onto quartz for now to build up customer base. (ie cheaper = people will pull trigger more often even though unsure about a new company). Hopefully, as lum-tec gains more universal acceptance, we will see more automatics. Don't get me wrong. We should retain some quartz too for affordability.

cheers

dave

·
Registered
356 Posts
Miyamoto? Man, I just LOL'd

Wax on, wax off, Mr Miyamoto-san. :lol::lol::lol:
I only know this because I'm wise in my years... but Mr. Miyagi was the wax-on/wax-off Karate Kid guy. Isn't Miyamoto the Nintendo creator? Not to be confused with Iron Chef Morimoto! :thumbup1:

Back to the topic at hand.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I only know this because I'm wise in my years... but Mr. Miyagi was the wax-on/wax-off Karate Kid guy. Isn't Miyamoto the Nintendo creator? Not to be confused with Iron Chef Morimoto! :thumbup1:

Back to the topic at hand.
You are right about Mr. Miyagi from the movie, I was referring to a game though.

Ahh.. Never mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts