WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the video review of the Bull45 A17. The stealth model Bull with it's dark features. Almost Batman like :thumbup1: In fact I can see him wearing one :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Typical informative and entertaining review, Curtis. Can't get behind -- with my dwarf imagination -- the idea of a stealth Lum-Tec that's intended to be hard to see at night, by design, yet features "MDV Technology." I guess I just don't get the whole "stealth" craze, truth be told. Maybe I can capitalize by making watch straps designed to cover the dial of the watch with leather; I could market it as my "SuperStealth Strap!" and guys could be stealthy when they didn't want to read the time, but peel back the leather, when they wanted to catch a plane or make a meeting. I know... these ideas just come to me, all the time; it's a curse.

"Stealthy lume" just seems oxymoron-ish to me, kinda like "anorexic Rosey O'Donnell."

If I were the recipient of the Bull45 -- and I could't persuade LT to take it back -- the first thing I'd beg Chris to do would be to either swap out the skeletonized hands, or somehow fill them with lume. I think the '45 would STILL look just as cool -- and be almost as stealthy -- if it had lumed hands, and it'd be WAY COOL to actually be able to read it in the dark.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have the LUM-TEC M42 Phantom and really like this watch.

I must disagree with my friend Ladd and feel the Skelton minute and hour hands are perfect for this kind of watch. :wink:

The light green lume on the M42 makes it easy to read this watch in all kinds of light.

The phantom look is not for everyone; in the military you would never have a watch visible in a situation where ‘Stealth” was needed. I doubt any military people would use this watch for its "Phantom" trait. :wink:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've seen it written somewhere that "variety is the spice of life" and I think it's cool that Lum-Tec offers such a great variety of watches; something that appeals to everyone. As for me, I don't really care for the A17 Stealth, but I like the fact that they offer it and have a great selection to choose from. The other thing I love about Lum-Tec is, you could buy an A17 Stealth and have them customize it! Just my two cents...

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Typical informative and entertaining review, Curtis. Can't get behind -- with my dwarf imagination -- the idea of a stealth Lum-Tec that's intended to be hard to see at night, by design, yet features "MDV Technology." I guess I just don't get the whole "stealth" craze, truth be told. Maybe I can capitalize by making watch straps designed to cover the dial of the watch with leather; I could market it as my "SuperStealth Strap!" and guys could be stealthy when they didn't want to read the time, but peel back the leather, when they wanted to catch a plane or make a meeting. I know... these ideas just come to me, all the time; it's a curse.

"Stealthy lume" just seems oxymoron-ish to me, kinda like "anorexic Rosey O'Donnell."

If I were the recipient of the Bull45 -- and I could't persuade LT to take it back -- the first thing I'd beg Chris to do would be to either swap out the skeletonized hands, or somehow fill them with lume. I think the '45 would STILL look just as cool -- and be almost as stealthy -- if it had lumed hands, and it'd be WAY COOL to actually be able to read it in the dark.
We have normal filled hands if the buyer prefers. The skeleton hands look really good though.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
We have normal filled hands if the buyer prefers. The skeleton hands look really good though.
Thanks, Chris. It's a great looking watch; no doubt about it.

If I were going to order one, I'd get it with the filled hands because the nighttime readability is so important to me. Every LT I've owned as been a friend on my nightstand, and I'd miss that comforting glow. :wink:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got an A17 about a month ago, and I love it. It's also my first PVD. Personally, I think the skelly hands look killer, but having said that, they don't show at night at all. I have plenty of LTs I can swap at night if I want night lume and readability. As others have said it does show lumed hands if you are coming from outside to shade or inside, but it is very fleeting. I will tell you though that I have seen more compliments and inquisitions about this LT in one month than any of my others in 3 years. It's just that cool and different looking. Totally nailed it with the Bat-watch comment and great video review. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts