WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my IWC 'Electronic' to John Schult (Waterford, MI) of Budget Accutron Service about six months ago for routine service. Since then, I've been unable to get an update as to it's status or when I might ever see it again. He doesn't answer either e-mail address on his web site, does not reply to text messages (as he recommends "for faster reply") and doesn't return phone calls. I had read positive reviews of his work prior to sending my watch but I'm completely disgusted by his customer service.

Does anyone know if he is dead/fled the country/ill/just too busy, etc.? His web site mentions a turnaround time of three weeks for most work but after several months, it's getting to be time to file a theft report with the local sheriff...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Seems he's still in business. I'm in the process of negotiating a complex repair / service.

Are you sure your giving us the whole story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,685 Posts
I sent my IWC 'Electronic' to John Schult (Waterford, MI) of Budget Accutron Service about six months ago for routine service. Since then, I've been unable to get an update as to it's status or when I might ever see it again. He doesn't answer either e-mail address on his web site, does not reply to text messages (as he recommends "for faster reply") and doesn't return phone calls. I had read positive reviews of his work prior to sending my watch but I'm completely disgusted by his customer service.

Does anyone know if he is dead/fled the country/ill/just too busy, etc.? His web site mentions a turnaround time of three weeks for most work but after several months, it's getting to be time to file a theft report with the local sheriff...
I don't see a Location for you, if you don't mind where are you located ?

·
Banned
2,685 Posts
Seems he's still in business. I'm in the process of negotiating a complex repair / service.

Are you sure your giving us the whole story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thinking you might be on to something, it's been over 12 hours without a single response from the 2 post OP, I suspect he only came on here to sling mud at Mr Schult but of course i could be wrong, BUT almost always when someone won't answer basic questions there is something sketchy going on........ :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the prompt relies...

1. Magnetchief - yes, that's the real story, no hyperbole

2. Accutronitis - I'm in the San Diego, CA area

3. MikeyT - that was me venting a bit and I agree that legal action would be iffy, but still...I don't think asking for an update after several months is out of line.

The real news is that I received a response this morning to my text message from several days ago, saying that "I've been really busy but it's almost done." So I'll my patience hat back on and see what happens over the next few weeks. If the work is good, as I have read from others, then all is well (but I'll still recommend a course in customer service :big grin:).

·
Banned
2,685 Posts
Ah see i was wrong, That's good to hear ! :thumbup1:

·
Banned
2,685 Posts
Could be.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there an update for your watch? I sent my mine the other day and communication is pretty crappy. He sent one message stating he has my watch but he sorta stopped responding to my texts and when I called, he asked for my name and said he will call me back. Did I just get scammed? I am just not used to the really slow communication.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I'm having the same problem with another well known Accutron repair facility that I don't want to name yet. I was supposed to have the watch back about 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
I haven't had Schult repair anything of mine and WON'T but with the little bit of info I have, I would stay clear IMHO. I unfortunately did buy a watch off him on ebay and didn't know who he was and only pieced this together due to him having a business card in the watch I bought. The watch was WAY overpriced for what it represented and was incorrect on several levels but between this watch I bought and another one I had it all worked out perfect without planning it. I won't do that again but I got Very Lucky this time......

·
Registered
2 Posts
He replied the other day. By any chance do you have his ebay account name? I want to satisfy some morbid curiosity of mine since I haven't made the payment yet. I am about to do it tomorrow on my off day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem yet it gets better. I live in Australia and sent my spaceview to him, No return email or calls incredible. Finally i tracked him down using his mobile phone. He had my watch for at least 3 months and when it finally returned after 2 weeks stopped working altogether.
I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN THIS PERSON TO EVEN LOOK AT YOUR WATCH.

82 Posts
Poor communication shows a total lack of respect for the customer. If he has no respect for customer, he'll have no respect for the repair, thats just my opinion.

When I take an Accutron in for repairs, I'll give the customer a message at every step of the way, keep him informed etc, build up the trust he has shown in sending an expensive timepiece to me for repairs, to do otherwise is poor business practice...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, this is John from Budget Accutron service. We have improved our communication and response times. We don’t use automated emails any more and I have fixed the spotty cell phone coverage. We have a completely new and improved web site and we answer customers within one day of any inquiry. Sometimes service can take longer than a couple weeks due to part availability or if case repair work is being done. We can also expedite jobs if there is a need to rush.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts