WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i want to modifier the bracelet on my 8926, i want the center links to be brushed too., i mean, i want the bracelet to be all brushed.

how do i do that? :confused1::confused1::confused1:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Maybe this would work.:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
646 Posts
A ScotchBrite scrubbing pad will work. Take the bracelet off the case and brush in one direction. That should do it.

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Hey Wil,I used 320 grid sandpaper,the brand that has a sponge on the other side,it's not too abrasive so you can just go for it on the whole bracelet.This makes it have a even brushed look without any deep scratches.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I seem to remember a member doing that to a 9937; I tried a search of the archives but I did not do any good. I must be doing something wrong. The only things I find are old p.m.'s? I think he used a scotch bright pad but Triton's suggetion seems much better!

·
Registered
788 Posts
If I had some level of dexterity, I would do some of these things mentioned, but I don't so I just end up damaging watches. I've learned to leave them alone... lol

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have brushed my 8926 bracelet with a generic made in Mexico green scrubbing pad (like the scotch brites) Sorry I don't have a pic of just the bracelet portion but it really worked out great as long as you move the pad in one direction. Meaning one pass then pick it up and make another pass and so on and so forth. Do not use a back and forth nor side to side motion.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I brushed this one,

:)
it's hard to tell, but the best pic I have.

as easy as it is to scuff those center links you'd think it would be easy to brush them.

I removed the bracelet from the watch and used a 200 grit foam sponge like 3m product to rough it up and remove all the(most) deep scratches first.

I had to get between the links so I bent the bracelet at each link and got in between there, then sanded untill the brushing looked straight and even.
then I used a scotchbrite pad to smooth it just a bit.
little bit of work but it turned out looking just like my other 'all brushed" bracelets..

take your time and make sure you go one direction like Mr Ecm3 and others said and it will look great.

diver88:):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used a nail sander I spotted in CVS. It has white, fine grit sandpaper for nails, on four sides of a foam block. Works great, easy to handle, and gives you four sides to work with. If I remember correctly, it was around 3.00, or so.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can also try using a Dremmel-type tool with a fine-grit sandpaper tip - they have some small attachments to get into crevices etc and some that look like little spokes of sandpaper. I haven't done it to any watches, but I have done it to some surgical instruments. I realize that the Invicta bands are 316L - but not all 316L is actually "surgical stainless steel", so some pitting or corrosion may show up that will require re-buffing from time to time, but others (MUCH) more exprienced than myself can comment on how the Invicta bands hold up. :wink:

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
wow guys i'm amazed, i did what you told me to do and it worked flawlessly.
after i brushed my legend, then i was some kind of scared to brush the polished center links on my aquaracer, but i did it and its gorgeous now!

my tag looks better now.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK???

·
Registered
65 Posts
VERY nice. As soon as any of mine get more scratched up - I'm brushin' em!!:thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts