WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

Broken crown Invicta Sea Vulture Reserve

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Barometer Watch 
#1 ·
Hi!

I've broken the crown on my Sea Vulture reserve watch, 4424.
I've tried looking for a replacement part but can't seem to find any that might fit. I dont have any warranty on the watch.

The crown is 8 mm in diameter and has a stem part that sticks out that has broken off. It sticks out 2.5 mm from the crown. The stem part has a rubber o-ring and it seems impossible to find a similar one that has the same configuration.

Does someone know of any sellers that might have large crowns?
Or does invicta sell crowns or am i limited to sending it in?
Does anyone has experience in finding replacement parts for invicta watches?

I've already opened the watch and taken the stem out from the Unitas 6497 movement. The stem is fine and the only part i need is the crown itself. I could order a new stem for that movement so i could use some other crown and make it fit to the case, but id rather not. The best would be to have a invicta oem part.

Would be grateful for any advice or experience in these matters.

Best Regards Esa

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear about you problem. Sorry I can't help you with an aftermarket crown and Invicta won't sell/supply you with a crown. They will ask you to send the watch in for service. Try a local watchmaker or send your watch into Invicta. Your looking at a $28 fee for return shipping & handling and I'm sure they will quote you 90 days for the repair. Then they will bill you for the repair but you'll have the right crown that goes with that watch.

#4 ·
I ripped the crown with part of the stem attached in a desk-diving accident at work. From what I'd heard here and elsewhere I had little to no chance of getting it fixed so it sits on a shelf collecting dust.
And that's why I'll never buy a watch without a screwdown crown. :)

#5 ·
Sorry to hear this. I really don't want a screw down crown on a mechanical movement watch, like the Swiss Unitas 6497 in my original Sea Vulture.

That's why I have not pulled on the trigger on the SAN III's CE 6497's recently being offered- can you imagine the wear and tear on the crown and tube on one of these daily wear mechanical watches with screw down crowns?! :scared:

#6 ·
Go get the watch if you like it. If it has a unidirectional rotating bezel. Just set your mechanical watch 5 minutes slow and then use the unidirectional rotating bezel to tell you the real time. If you do that. You can go at least 6 times in a year without reseting the time and date on your watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.