WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member and first-time LÜM-TEC owner here. I've had a few quartz Timex watches that were so-so, but I got tired of the few month battery life I was getting out of them.

After a few months of trying to find a watch that I felt was "me", I contacted Wrist Weapon, one of the authorized dealers in Canada, and placed an order for a new M39. It was a tough decision, I was considering several automatics from Tissot and Hamilton and a few higher end Eco-Drives but there's just something to the M39 that spoke to me. It seems to have a certain athleticism, yet can still dress up nice and sharp. The extra bracelets, the "known quantity" of the ETA 2824-2, and the reviews of members here and on other forums (bodybuilding.com watch thread) drove the decision.

Not gonna lie, after seeing the pics on the forum I'm kinda wanting to add a couple others to the collection, seems like LÜM-TEC is the kind of company you follow regularly and pick up new watches as they come out.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Hey all, new member and first-time LÜM-TEC owner here. I've had a few quartz Timex watches that were so-so, but I got tired of the few month battery life I was getting out of them.

After a few months of trying to find a watch that I felt was "me", I contacted Wrist Weapon, one of the authorized dealers in Canada, and placed an order for a new M39. It was a tough decision, I was considering several automatics from Tissot and Hamilton and a few higher end Eco-Drives but there's just something to the M39 that spoke to me. It seems to have a certain athleticism, yet can still dress up nice and sharp. The extra bracelets, the "known quantity" of the ETA 2824-2, and the reviews of members here and on other forums (bodybuilding.com watch thread) drove the decision.

Not gonna lie, after seeing the pics on the forum I'm kinda wanting to add a couple others to the collection, seems like LÜM-TEC is the kind of company you follow regularly and pick up new watches as they come out.
Congratulations on the new M39, Mike, and welcome to WTF and the Lum-Tec forum. There's nothing like a new watch, for me, and especially a new Lum-Tec with one of the few remaining ETA movements out there. I'm a diehard automatic (or mechanical) guy, so I sympathize with our decision to try something other than quartz. Lum-Tec's great customer service and willingness to stand behind its watches is a benefit that's hard to overstate. If you get a chance, post a few pix when your M-auto arrives. :thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Awesome choice & welcome to the club! :thumbup1:

Photo from Lum-Tec.com

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know exactly what you mean.
I just received my M24 within the month, and I already ordered another one(M62), these watches are really addictive.
And I am planning on ordering a Quartz to wear for work, I just can't decide which one yet.
They are like Horological crack, to a watch collector, a very expensive hobby if your not wealthy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on the new M39, Mike, and welcome to WTF and the Lum-Tec forum. There's nothing like a new watch, for me, and especially a new Lum-Tec with one of the few remaining ETA movements out there. I'm a diehard automatic (or mechanical) guy, so I sympathize with our decision to try something other than quartz. Lum-Tec's great customer service and willingness to stand behind its watches is a benefit that's hard to overstate. If you get a chance, post a few pix when your M-auto arrives. :thumbup1:
I will definitely try and get a few pictures up, I suspect it won't arrive until after Christmas but should be worth the wait! Hopefully I can get some decent shots out of my camera (or beg my wife to take them :) )

·
Registered
623 Posts
Get ready for the start of an addiction. You may as well have gone and smoked crack or gotten a tattoo because i guarantee this will not be your last. I'm jelaous too, I love two tones and that one is smokin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts