1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, considering purchase of a brekenridge 26b61 watch, smaller
Than chronograph ...current watch is a seiko kinetic and has too
much bling for me..can't find any reviews on this watch on internet
And just wanted some serious advice...I can purchase new for $214.
Have had 214 spavzeview and later 218+...
Thanks in advance.....james

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hi, considering purchase of a brekenridge 26b61 watch, smaller
Than chronograph ...current watch is a seiko kinetic and has too
much bling for me..can't find any reviews on this watch on internet
And just wanted some serious advice...I can purchase new for $214.
Have had 214 spavzeview and later 218+...
Thanks in advance.....james
Others more knowledgeable will chime in with advice. The movement in this watch appears to be a Swiss quartz movement. Since you have had the unique tuning fork watches, check out the newer Precisionist line of Bulova watches. They have a new Citizen developed jeweled (8, IIRC) quartz movement with a sweep second hand like your Accutrons and are reported to be very accurate.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
James,
Welcome to the forum.
The Accutron Breckenridge is a good choice if you are looking for casual watch with a blue carbon dial for daily use. It has a Swiss ETA quartz movement that should give years of service. The only negative is the integrated bracelet that prevents the attachment of leather straps. That is a big deal for some who like to dress up a watch on occasion. The price is good but then you already know that. The new Precisionist is also worth looking at but they are larger than the 38mm Breckenridge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

James,
Welcome to the forum.
The Accutron Breckenridge is a good choice if you are looking for casual watch with a blue carbon dial for daily use. It has a Swiss ETA quartz movement that should give years of service. The only negative is the integrated bracelet that prevents the attachment of leather straps. That is a big deal for some who like to dress up a watch on occasion. The price is good but then you already know that. The new Precisionist is also worth looking at but they are larger than the 38mm Breckenridge.
Appreciate the advice! Will check out the Precisionist line. Good to know
Info on the band being unchangeable. I really liked the accutron astronaut
watch, just never could get time adjusted right with orig battery or the new
Modified one..new auto astronaut cost $1k or more..the 218 railroad was
More accurate but got too old and passed on..looking in $2-4.00 price range
But don't want to get over 42mm...will keep looking..thanks..

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Re the Astronaut you liked, I don't work on mine, the tiny parts drive me crazy, but the guys to whom I send them have never had a problem getting them to be accurate. I have about 40 tuning fork Accutrons and, while I have taken the batteries our of some of them and retired them, most of them only need to be set going onto and off of daylight saving time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hi

Re the Astronaut you liked, I don't work on mine, the tiny parts drive me crazy, but the guys to whom I send them have never had a problem getting them to be accurate. I have about 40 tuning fork Accutrons and, while I have taken the batteries our of some of them and retired them, most of them only need to be set going onto and off of daylight saving time.[/QUOT

Well finally made up my mind and and
Purchased. Breckenridge from
Onlybrandnames.com..good customer
service, some sort of department store
in. New jersey..cost 208.00..Amazon wanted
300+, other sites mor..watch is brand new
Manu date on back is a3, (2003)
Guess !it had aw long shelf/display life!!
Nice size 38mm. Just wight
..james

1 - 6 of 6 Posts