WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the short spring bars that fit the pilot bracelet used on the 43.7mm Chronomats (22mm at lugs). When doing a strap change, I lost one. There are two spring bars that are located where the polished hinge that says BREITLING meets the clasp. I've spent hours looking online and trying to find a part number and my local dealer has struggled to find the part as well. It seems to be a proprietary product in which you can't buy spares anywhere else as they do not exist. I called the AD the watch came from and spent about $60 on 5 spring bars they shipped to me...half of which were the wrong products, none of which were the short ones I asked for, and they called me after shipping the product to tell me they did not charge me the correct amount and that they would charge the difference to my card in which I told them I was sending the 'underpriced' parts back for a refund. They weren't even the right parts.

I called Breitling USA and asked if I could purchase one or if they could give me the part # so I can have a dealer order it and be sure it is the right one...they told me that they do not know the part number and told me to contact a local AD, but I could send my watch in and have it 'evaluated' by a technician. So Breitling USA does not know the part number to their own products...if they don't how will I!?!?! I don't need to have my watch evaluated by a technician...no evaluation is needed for a lost spring bar. It was overhauled a year ago. You don't go to the ER for a paper cut; you don't hunt varmint with a 300 win mag; and you don't go to an all-you-can-eat buffet when all you want is a light snack...why would I spend literally $70 to ship and insure the watch for a part that costs pennies that I can install myself? My local AD is trying, but struggling given it seems to be a niche part rather than a common one. I understand Breitling's desire to try to control gray and black market sales, but this has reached a point in which it's making me wonder if I made a good call in spending 5 grand on a Breitling. Like, I've wanted a Breitling since I was 8, and I love the watch...but I feel like I am striking out everywhere...I guess it isn't how I pictured Breitling as a company.

Does anyone know the part number?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Have you checked with your local watchmaker?
Looks like he's been trying his local AD - you shouldn't need to do any more than that. It seems disappointing that they can't supply such a simple part for an expensive watch like the Chronomat.
nickzac - I know you've already contacted Breitling, but is it worth getting back to them with pictures of the pin in question - I think you're looking for one of these pins (this is the bracelet for my SO):

Sorry such a small thing is being such a pain (and is stopping you from enjoying a great watch). Good luck finding the elusive part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts