WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBH was kind enough to give me some oil that Breitling gave him as a gift. It looks so nice, I'm almost afraid to use it. Anyone read french?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Cant be for a watch

Hey John,

I don't read French but I reckon it is too nice to eat or use.:cool1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
What great looking olive oil (extra virgin's the best grade). I guess you have to decide if the pleasure is in owning it, or using it. Either choice should give you much enjoyment!
:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I'd be very interested to know the connection between a French Olive Oil company and Breitling - any clues?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be very interested to know the connection between a French Olive Oil company and Breitling - any clues?
I was sort of curious about that as well. Breitling is a Swiss company and Switzerland is much closer to Italy (they touch each other), and everyone knows that anything from Italy is far superior to anything from France. :D :thumbup: (not that I'm biased or anything of course)

Although, how come the dial on my Olympus is written in French?? :confused1:

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I was sort of curious about that as well. Breitling is a Swiss company and Switzerland is much closer to Italy (they touch each other), and everyone knows that anything from Italy is far superior to anything from France. :D :thumbup: (not that I'm biased or anything of course)

Although, how come the dial on my Olympus is written in French?? :confused1:

I think the Breitling bakerlite watch box is made in France and I noticed the first language in all of my booklets is French.The only thing I am thinking is that French used to be the international language many years ago and it might be a hangover from tradition.:confused1:

At least they are not English,as they would be leaking and most likely broken down.:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts