WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superocean Heritage Chronographe

In the late 1950s, having established its mastery of the skies, Breitling set off to conquer the maritime depths by launching the Superocean, a professional diver's watch that also gained a following among the first leisure diving enthusiasts.

Ever since, successive generations of Superocean models have continued to excel on a technical level, boasting water resistance to depths of 500, 1500 and even 2000 meters. A glowing tribute to the original model, the Superocean "Héritage" line reflects both its spirit and its aesthetics, as in the new Chronographe version. As was the case 50 years ago, its dial carries the Breitling signature topped by the stylized letter B in 18-carat gold. The model also features another distinctive detail: the hour is displayed by the same luminescent triangular-tipped hand that already enabled unequivocal read-off even in the darkness at great depths. The choice of wrist bands is equally exclusive - starting with the Ocean Classic woven steel bracelet, which mirrors the initial version that gave the watch its unusual visual appeal. The even more resolutely sporting Ocean Racer rubber strap comes in three colors matching those of the dial and bezel: black, blue and bronze. The original design of the Superocean Héritage Chronographe is matched only by the quality of its performances. Its imposing steel case, measuring 46 mm in diameter and water-resistant to 200 meters (660 feet/ 20 bars), houses Breitling Caliber 13, a sturdy high-precision movement offi cially chronometer-certified by the COSC - as indeed are all Breitling movements.

Text & photos: Breitling SA

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a nice looking watch!! :drool:

Though I'm not a fan of the rice-bead bracelet, it's also offered in a rubber strap version, where the strap color can match the dial color (black, blue & bronze). Sorry, no pictures of these straps yet....

But I say for a chrono this is a winner...

Oh, and did you notice, no 38mm.. Only available in 46mm...

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I am not a fan of the non chronograph versions of the Heritage but that does have something about it.In fact the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

Much the same with the bracelet,it really grows on me.:thumbup1:

I think I like it.:thumbup:46mm is a little scary though.:eek:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Oh No.....another Breitling on my wish list.:scared:

I can't wait to see this one in the flesh. I bet it has real presence in that 46mm diameter. I also like the mesh bracelet and, had I gone for the SuperOcean Heritage instead of my Super Avenger, I would have gone for the bracelet. I think it really adds to the vintage/retro appeal.

@Scott: Any idea of prices and availability?

·
Registered
416 Posts
That's a very nice clean looking Chronograph. For me it would be a little big at 46mm, but it looks quite good regardless.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The more I look at the images presented here the more I really like that bracelet. Can't wait to see one in the flesh and try it on for comfort. I'm wondering what one would look like on my Super Avenger.:001_rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts