WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this site, but I thought I would post a short note. Just got my first high-end watch; a Breitling Navitimer World. As a professional pilot, this is pretty much my dream watch (I also considered the Cosmonaut and the Omega Speedmaster moon watch. The IWC Big Pilot Watch is out of my price range).

Any advice on care, maintenance, model specific tips or things to watch out for?

Can anyone give me a brief history on this watch? Thanks in advance! Enjoy attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I picked up a black dial model this past December, and I've barely worn my other watches since then.

Here's a few tips I can share:

1) keep the watch away from ammonia based glass cleaners, since that stuff can damage the crystal's anti-reflective coating

2) If you want to keep the watch's stainless steel mirror polish scratch free, then treat it like delicate glass. Use folded microfiber cloth in a delicate "brushing" motion to remove unwanted dust (instead of wiping, which tends to cause scratches), lightly moistened if removing finger prints or other sticky residue. I know this sounds paranoid, but it will help keep the watch looking like-new barring any accidents.

You should be getting a Breitling cap in the mail if you haven't gotten one already :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts