WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This watch has several nice features: a big date and 300m water resistance, etc. Does anyone here currently own one or have experience with one in the past? How did you like it? How was the lume performance? Any problems with the date mechanism?

While this model doesn't have my absolute favorite design, overall it seems to have a great many features I like so I thought I would ask about your experiences with it. Thanks in advance for your input. :001_smile:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Well I don't own one, but if the rose gold / stainless steel version had been out last year when I got my YachtMaster, I very well might own one. I would like to get one in the future, maybe later this year...

I think it's an outstanding watch. The dial has detail, but not so much that it overpowers it, the large date looks just right & the design perfect. I'm not so crazy about the yellow gold / stainless model, and that's mainly because if I have a two-toned watch I like the bezel to be all gold, not steel (the rose gold two-toned model used a rose gold bezel where the yellow gold two-toned model uses a steel bezel with gold rider tabs). The 5 link pilot bracelet is very comfortable, and the size (obviously just an opinion) is just right. Can wear it as a dress or sport watch. And the lume is outstanding. Very bright for the amount they use on the dial.

I tried one on about a month ago & simply drooled over it. I was soooo tempted to get it on the spot, but spent too much in the last year on watches already. The wife would have had me living in the Bakelite box had I bought it... :scared: It will be my next new two-toned watch though, I can guarantee that (at least until I change my mind... :wink: )

If I could change just one thing, I'd do away with the bullet shaped crown. I'd much prefer a standard style crown. But that doesn't bug me enough to not get one.

If you're looking for a 3 hand Breitling, I don't think you can go wrong with the Cockpit. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Anf just in case anyone isn't aware of which watch we're talking about, here it is.. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

And if you have seen it, well take another look.. It's a watch worthy of repeat viewings!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the reasons I am considering this model is because of the large date, but I also like my "daily wearer" type watches to be highly water resistant too and this Breitling has a 300m rating, which is nice. Thanks for the great photo by the way. I have been considering the ss model, but now that I have seen your picture, I am going to look more seriously at the two-tone. This model is growing on me and the big date feature is very helpful to me (I have trouble reading regular sized date modules and I am not a super fan of cyclops' either because you have to keep on adjusting the angles until you can read the date).

Thank you for your input and the nice photo as well, I appreciate it. :001_smile:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears to me the Gold is red gold, which gives the watch a nice luxuriant sheen. Sometimes it is difficult to tell in photos because in person the impression can be different but the two tone version of that model is very nice. :001_smile:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
It appears to me the Gold is red gold, which gives the watch a nice luxuriant sheen. Sometimes it is difficult to tell in photos because in person the impression can be different but the two tone version of that model is very nice. :001_smile:

It is red gold. The cockpit is offered in red gold or yellow gold two-toned models. The main difference is the bezel. The red gold is above, below is a yellow gold version. And the big date funtion is realy cool. I love big date complications.

And you're right, it's a very luxurious sheen... IMO Breitling makes one of the best looking red golds. It's not harsh, or coppery. In fact it's very warm and from a distance hard to tell from the yellow. If you're looking & want a dressy every day watch that still says sport, the TT Cockpits a great option.

Here's the yellow gold version. Not as luxurious IMO as the red gold version (though not as expensive either :wink: ). Just appears a little lacking with the SS bezel:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comparison photo. While the yellow gold is nice, I have to admit I like the red gold even more. You are right too that the composition of the red gold Breitling uses is particularly nice--I hadn't noticed this before looking at your first photo.

The Big Date complication and nice water resistance too is an excellent combination for me, which makes this particular model an excellent fit for me. If the lume performance is average or better, well, then it's a winner as soon as I get the funds together. Wow, this is getting dangerous--my desire to get this watch is growing by the minute! LOL. Thank you for the additional yellow gold photo. :thumbup:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
No problem Haakon59 :thumbup: :thumbup:

And yes (just to push you over the edge :wink:), the lume is at or above average for the price-point of the watch. Especially considering the small amount they use. It's pretty bright...

Hopefully we'll see some wrist shots of it on you soon! :thumbup1:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great lume too? Oh no!!!!!!! Now I am running out of reasons to procrastinate! On a serious note, I appreciate the added input. Plus I am actually running out of reasons--but I still need to save for a bit. This is turning out to be nearly the perfect "daily wearer" watch for me it seems. I especially like the big date complication. This will be my first Breitling, if I buy this one. It has a solid look to it. I will have to try it on at the AD but it looks like the perfect size and everything. Will I be able to live with ss or will I be compelled to get the two-tone in red gold? I wish my pocketbook were as big as my eyes right now, so to speak. Thanks. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts