WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Preferably, neither. However, given only a choice between these two and no option to vote "none of the above" I would go with Panerai. But I would never wear it out in public.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't think you could have picked two fine brands that I dislike more than these; to me, pretty much all Breitlings look alike, pretty much all Panerais look alike, and neither look appeals to me.

I'm writing in "none of the above."

·
Banned
28,345 Posts
Now this one is a much tougher decision than Breitling versus TAG!
Yep, a pair of brands that you either dig or don't - and it's not logical, it's all visceral.

Well, we know Rob literally voted with his wallet. You own, what..... 2 Breitlings Rob?

I don't think you could have picked two fine brands that I dislike more than these; to me, pretty much all Breitlings look alike, pretty much all Panerais look alike, and neither look appeals to me.

I'm writing in "none of the above."
This is why they make Grand Seikos and IWC's, right Mark? :wink:

I'd like to see a poll between IWC and UN - two brands very alike in substance (ETA in the low end, in-house in the high) but not too similar in style.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep, a pair of brands that you either dig or don't - and it's not logical, it's all visceral.

This is why they make Grand Seikos and IWC's, right Mark? :wink:
That is indeed why there are so many fine brands! I wasn't meaning to demean two fine brands; I daresay that more people lust after Panerai and Breitling than after GS and IWC!

I'd like to see a poll between IWC and UN - two brands very alike in substance (ETA in the low end, in-house in the high) but not too similar in style.
That would be interesting! Marine chronometers are my very favorite type of clock, and UN actually used to make them; I'd love to love UN watches, but cannot!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Tough for me; I own two Breitlings and love them both, but after researching and trying on some of the 40mm Panerai (240 & 296) ...that mad up my mind for my next high end watch- Panerai. :cool1:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Voted for the Panerai.
Breitling has never appealed to me, incidentally I don't own either of the 2 brands mentioned. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Well, we know Rob literally voted with his wallet. You own, what..... 2 Breitlings Rob?
2 Breitling Navitimers....and I love them too...

and for anyone taking inventory there are a couple more PAM`s that didn`t make the group shot...

They may look the same to some of you but to a Paneristi each one is very different.

Cheers,
Rob

Reactions: 124Spider
1 - 20 of 23 Posts