WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
this is my first post on the forum very nice to be here.
i have a fireman racer which i have to say is one of the best watches i have owned.
it can with the rubber strap which is ok but after awhile the smell of vanilla is starting to annoy me,
so i was wondering if anyone knows how i can get a s/s bracelet for the watch i want a ball one in the uk,
i have put a nice hirsch strap on at moment but would love the s/s strap so any ideas would be great thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi everyone,
this is my first post on the forum very nice to be here.
i have a fireman racer which i have to say is one of the best watches i have owned.
it can with the rubber strap which is ok but after awhile the smell of vanilla is starting to annoy me,
so i was wondering if anyone knows how i can get a s/s bracelet for the watch i want a ball one in the uk,
i have put a nice hirsch strap on at moment but would love the s/s strap so any ideas would be great thanks.
Hi,
The stainless steel bracelet is available. I do not ship to the UK, but any authorized dealer can order one for you.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Use the international Ball website (ballwatch . com) and click the Customer Service tab. You'll have a choice of 24 Distribution and Service
Centers throughout the U.K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bracelet for fireman racer

thanks guys for your advice.
i will send off a email to BALL and see what they say also will contact JURA WATCHES to see if they can supply one.
i know you fellas live in the us but have you any idea what the cost of the bracelet is as i can not find any sort of price list anywhere.
so many thanks again for your replys.
miko.:001_smile:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
No idea, but you may not want to know! I found an independent dealer who sells genuine BALL replacement straps. He charges 195 American dollars for rubber, and up to 325 for leather :scared:...Heaven knows what a steel bracelet would go for! :crying:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that bill i think i will leave it for now.
i do not know were these prices come from MAD MAD MAD?.
miko.

·
Registered
170 Posts
thanks guys for your advice.
i will send off a email to BALL and see what they say also will contact JURA WATCHES to see if they can supply one.
i know you fellas live in the us but have you any idea what the cost of the bracelet is as i can not find any sort of price list anywhere.
so many thanks again for your replys.
miko.:001_smile:
I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall the steel bracelet being $220.00 US

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
Yeeeps! I'll stick with my deployent clasp Hadley-Roma. :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bracelet for fireman racer

yes i agree that makes one about £150+ so i will not be buying one,
where do these people come from you pay a arm and a leg for there products then they want another half a leg ,
for a strap total madness?
miko.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It is generally a much better deal to buy the watch with the bracelet, and then add whatever strap you want later, instead of buying on a strap and getting the factory bracelet separately.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It is generally a much better deal to buy the watch with the bracelet, and then add whatever strap you want later, instead of buying on a strap and getting the factory bracelet separately.
I totally agree, the watch with the steel band is usually only $100 US more and you can get a multitude of straps to use.
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think Ball is not an outlier when it comes to outrageous prices for genuine OEM bands, be it rubber, leather, or metal. I'm sure almost all if not all of the high end swiss watch manufacturers do it.

It's like high end tires. You may get Michelin's with your standard car but when it comes time to replace them,... ouch. And trust me, Toyota or GM or whomever didn't pay anywhere near retail for those Michelins.

Someone has to pay for the salaries and lifestyle of Ball employees.

This may sound weird, but, honestly I don't mind.

A fine watch is not even remotely a necessity. It's a luxury item. A reward for working hard at what you do and reaping the benefits of all that hard work (for many of us anyways). And as with all luxury items, you gotta pay to play.

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly with previous posters and recommend you always get the bracelet when buying a watch. Very fine and sometimes better quality aftermarket leather bands can always be bought later on which can really change the look of a watch and prevent you from getting bored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

HI ALL,
just had email from ball they quote £160 for the bracelet.
well to me this is a total NO WAY would i ever pay this sort of silly money for a watch strap whatever the brand.
so i would like to thank you all for your replies and advice i will stick to leather bands.
best regards
miko.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts