WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work the other day I noticed a pin in my Oris bracelet coming out. I pushed it back in and then took to local watchmaker. He fixed and checked others. Said there were 3 others that needed work and took care of them. My Oris is a daily wear and I post this as a cautionary tale.
A disaster was averted, I guess it's best to check these things out periodically if getting heavy use.
Merry Christmas all.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
At work the other day I noticed a pin in my Oris bracelet coming out. I pushed it back in and then took to local watchmaker. He fixed and checked others. Said there were 3 others that needed work and took care of them. My Oris is a daily wear and I post this as a cautionary tale.
A disaster was averted, I guess it's best to check these things out periodically if getting heavy use.
Merry Christmas all.
Thanks for the tip. I've had a look at mine, and they're as good as new :thumbup1:. But then, it's not a daily wearer, so the pins would not be getting as much wear.
It always reminds me of the story about the number of Rolexes sitting at the bottom of Sydney Harbour because the owners took no care of their bracelets. A worn out pin really is the 'weakest link' in the chain.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A co-worker has two Oris watches with bracelets and has sent them both out to have them repaired. One has been sent in twice once for the bracelet and once because the Date in the window no longer lined up. They are his daily wear and get some abuse, he got the second because he hated being without the first for so long. Me I have my Oris on a strap so not to worry. But this seems to be pretty common. He has sent his back each time to Oris to have it repaired. I suggested buying a second Bracelet for them and just switch them out when they start to fail, just having to send back the band, yet he may be getting them "Serviced" at the same time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts