WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have recently purchased a Rolex Oyster Royal Precision with the REF number:6426
here are some details on it:
Rolex Oyster Royal Precision Hand Winding 14k Gold Bezel 40 Micron Gold Plated
Watch is keeping good time movement 304 ,17 jewels
Case and Back plate have some scratches and dents and some wear down on the gold plated
dial have aging dots from normal wera and age
Original Rolex Crown
brand new leather strap
Back plate is signed 6426

i was wondering if you could give me a price estimate?
btw i dont know much watch lingo because im only 16 Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch White Light Clock
Watch Light Analog watch Wood Clock
Watch Brown Analog watch White Watch accessory
Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice vintage Rollie ! Embossed dial with a nice patina. I dig it :) I've seen that watch go for $900 - $1400 in very good condition. However your watch looks to have some condition issues on the case so I would expect it to go for slightly less. .... But hey it has character and I love it! Wear it and enjoy it in good health

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 1024 which is similar in that it has a gold capped case. I use this product and it works very well on the gold filled case it is a very mild abrasive BUT still tread very very carefully as not to go through the plating. You can always take it to a watchmaker and have them polish it Down to the stainless. I done that with a plated tudor case and it actually came out nice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sean-
You did just fine........Nice pick-up of a vintage Rolex!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.