WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a previously owned Combat B2 on eBay this week. The watch came with a B2/B3 Instructions sheet, Certificate of Authenticity, International Warranty card (business card size), and Lum-Tec business card (Chris Wiegand). The watch looks authentic and the seller is 100% rated eBay seller.
Regarding the Certificate of Authenticity, the Model "Combat b2" is printed on the certificate as well as the Serial: b137/150. This matches the serial on the watch, also.
"Date sold" and "Retailer" are not filled out on the Certificate of Authenticity or the "International Warranty" card. Is this a cause for concern? I have pictures of the watch and docs if that helps.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
I bought a previously owned Combat B2 on eBay this week. The watch came with a B2/B3 Instructions sheet, Certificate of Authenticity, International Warranty card (business card size), and Lum-Tec business card (Chris Wiegand). The watch looks authentic and the seller is 100% rated eBay seller.
Regarding the Certificate of Authenticity, the Model "Combat b2" is printed on the certificate as well as the Serial: b137/150. This matches the serial on the watch, also.
"Date sold" and "Retailer" are not filled out on the Certificate of Authenticity or the "International Warranty" card. Is this a cause for concern? I have pictures of the watch and docs if that helps.
Thanks!
The watch may have come from a gray market dealer as the warranty card is not filled out. The original sale of the watch was 2/5/2010 so warranty will be valid through 2/5/2011.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The watch may have come from a gray market dealer as the warranty card is not filled out. The original sale of the watch was 2/5/2010 so warranty will be valid through 2/5/2011.
Thanks very much, Ray. Considering the documents that came with the watch and the fact that it came in a black leather/vinyl? case and white box, do you think I should have any concerns about the authenticity of the watch itself? As I said, the serial number on the back of the watch matched what was printed on the certificate.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Thanks very much, Ray. Considering the documents that came with the watch and the fact that it came in a black leather/vinyl? case and white box, do you think I should have any concerns about the authenticity of the watch itself? As I said, the serial number on the back of the watch matched what was printed on the certificate.
Should be no problem!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi,

Congratulations, that is a great buy.

For how much did you get it, if I may ask?
Just wondering what these go for as I'm looking to expand my L-T collection :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It was $675 with shipping included. Watch appears in excellent condition although it appears there is a very faint scuff mark on the crystal. It's not very noticeable but I suspect I may want to have addressed. Hope that info helps with your next purchase :001_smile:

EDIT: turned out to be a stubborn smudge, not a scuff :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Chris have you come across any replica or fakes of your watches yet? I think it's a sign you've made it :biggrin::001_tt2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
There's also a sticker on the white box with model and serial #, if that makes you feel any better :cool1:
Thanks. I don't recall a sticker on the white box but I will check it out tonight.

UPDATE: Yes, does have sticker with model and serial # on the box. Thanks for pointing that out :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts