WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got to thinking.. If memory serves, Boscoe was/is in the media business, a writer.. He's old (so he says).. He's cluttered (just look at the below picture of his watch tool kit! :eek:hmy:)...

Does all that remind anyone of someone else.. How about this guy...

Or this guy...

Yea - I'm talking & pointing to you!!!!

Both are writers.... Both are old.... Both live in Florida (in Odd Couple II at least)... Both are messy... Hummmm.. Are they one & the same???????

I think they are!!!!

What's your thoughts.. Is our very own Boscoe actually Oscar Madison????? I think so!!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think you could be on to something there Scott. I don't think he knows that much about sports though :laugh:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I think you could be on to something there Scott. I don't think he knows that much about sports though :laugh:
Actually, I started my career as a sportswriter at one of America's Top 10 newspapers. I'm not a sports fan, but I did it to get my break into the biz. Migrated to the "real world" after a few years.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I started my career as a sportswriter at one of America's Top 10 newspapers. I'm not a sports fan, but I did it to get my break into the biz. Migrated to the "real world" after a few years.

Ahh.. More 'evidence' on the similarities.. Hummm... The case is looking pretty strong.... :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :laugh:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Hardly, revo. While my first name is Dan and I have lived in Texas, I'm a Yankee by birth. And while I have appeared on TV many times, I'm not a TV newsguy. I'm a print journalist - just like Oscar the Grouch.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Some things are meant to be left mysterious. Boscoe isn't a man, he's a shadowy force of nature and trying to pigeon hole him into any category is bound to be useless. You can't contain him with even a list of generalizations. As such, he doesn't exist in our world. His realm is the illusive quantum one where he is only bound to the heisenberg uncertainty principle. You can measure his speed or position, but not both. At almost 13.5K posts, his effect on our world only grows stronger even as his identity becomes less and less attainable.

To know the Boscoe is to know one's self. I'd like to think there is a little Boscoe in all of us.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts

By America's Top 10 newspapers you mean the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News, correct:D

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, I started my career as a sportswriter at one of America's Top 10 newspapers.

Ok, I just can't resist. I've tried for the last 3 hours & got to give in.. But I gotta say....

Well, yea.. When there's only 5 newspapers in America wayyy back then isn't that a given????

of course I'm just kidding pal.....

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hard to say who he is. He has a seKret AgenT watch so he could be one of those too.

Who knows... :001_rolleyes:

Don't suppose there's much to gain by asking if The Real BosKoe would please stand up, is there? :D:D:D

Y'all be well now palZ:001_smile:

ZIN

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Ok, I just can't resist. I've tried for the last 3 hours & got to give in.. But I gotta say....

Well, yea.. When there's only 5 newspapers in America wayyy back then isn't that a given????

of course I'm just kidding pal.....
Actually, I was the city editor of the nation's oldest daily newspaper. It went out of business after I left....:confused1::confused1:

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
Some things are meant to be left mysterious. Boscoe isn't a man, he's a shadowy force of nature and trying to pigeon hole him into any category is bound to be useless. You can't contain him with even a list of generalizations. As such, he doesn't exist in our world. His realm is the illusive quantum one where he is only bound to the heisenberg uncertainty principle. You can measure his speed or position, but not both. At almost 13.5K posts, his effect on our world only grows stronger even as his identity becomes less and less attainable.

To know the Boscoe is to know one's self. I'd like to think there is a little Boscoe in all of us.

:scared::lol::lol::lol::thumbup1::thumbup:

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
OK-I hope he doesn't get mad but here is a rare picture of Boscoe at work,posting feverishly here at WTF.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
No, those are magazines. But I have worked at the tabloids - but not the Weekly World News.
That was a loose interpretation, bos.:wink: There was a scene in the Mike Meyers movie, "So I Married An Axe Murderer," in which his mom refers to the Weekly World News as "The Paper."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts