WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm both new to this forum and new to watches, so I thought that you guys could probably help me with my first real purchase. I've had my eye on the black bond seamaster (co-ax) for a while now, but I also really like the black PO, so I was wondering what you guys think is a better watch, and if there is really any major differences in quality between the two (I know about the different bezel edge, and perhaps a thicker crystal?).

Also, I've been leaning heavily toward gray-market because of the huge savings available. The way I see it, I can get an omega for more than 30% less than at an AD, with the same length of warranty, serial #s, etc, from a website that has overwhelmingly positive reviews, or I can get a watch from an AD, and pay more for a watch that has been sitting around and being handled by prospective buyers with the only upside being a tiny bit more convenience (quicker warranty work). However, I may be missing something, so if you guys could weigh in on this, that'd be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm both new to this forum and new to watches, so I thought that you guys could probably help me with my first real purchase. I've had my eye on the black bond seamaster (co-ax) for a while now, but I also really like the black PO, so I was wondering what you guys think is a better watch, and if there is really any major differences in quality between the two (I know about the different bezel edge, and perhaps a thicker crystal?).

Also, I've been leaning heavily toward gray-market because of the huge savings available. The way I see it, I can get an omega for more than 30% less than at an AD, with the same length of warranty, serial #s, etc, from a website that has overwhelmingly positive reviews, or I can get a watch from an AD, and pay more for a watch that has been sitting around and being handled by prospective buyers with the only upside being a tiny bit more convenience (quicker warranty work). However, I may be missing something, so if you guys could weigh in on this, that'd be great. Thanks!
My .00002, love reputable gray or online AD's , great savings, no tax....dislike the PO antireflecting coating (in the outside of the crystal) it peels off with time, like the Bond much better, but is all up to you, what you like at the end of the day...hope this help:cool1:

·
Banned
32 Posts
I think this question gets asked more than any other comparison on here. I myself couldn't choose between the two and bought both! I did buy the PO first though?

They both have the same movement but looks wise I think the PO has slightly more wrist presence. The Bond is the more dressier of the two. Depends what you are looking for in your watch and if it is going to be your only one.

I dont know if you have seen my recent thread but below is the link with pics of both watches to help you decide. (pics are now on page 1 and 2)

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/for...-new-black-bond-co-axial-collection-pics.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help; the pics are especially useful. I think I'm leaning toward the PO, but I'm still not sure... going to an AD today so I'll hopefully decide there, and then make a decision about where to buy it.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Throw "??" at the end of this thread's tile and we have and extremely similarly titled thread just a few days back in discussion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts