WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has these. I've been keeping an eye out for some made on my birth year and all I've got so far are these two. Bulovas are somewhat easier to date than others due to their dating system clearly marked on the case back and movement. Show yours!
04-15-2012 074b.jpg 04-15-2012 076b.jpg 04-15-2012 075b.jpg 04-15-2012 078b.jpg 04-15-2012 077b.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man! I though that as easy as Bulovas are to date there would be some other entries by now. I guess you guys must all be too young, since Bulova stopped putting date codes in the 90s.:laugh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is NO WAY I'm the youngest guy on this forum! :sad:Come on guys, Bulova was founded in 1875!:lol:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have a WWII Navy issue M1 Carbine that has a build date not just for my birth year but possibly the same month. I have a watch that is about 200 or so years old and my Dad's Bulova wrist watch that dates to 1941 = a little before my fertilization date and birth year. :w00t:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I need to find something from mid 1927, any suggestions from the gallery?
If you are looking for a Bulova watch made in 1927, there is one that stands out above all others. It may be the most iconic Bulova ever. The first batch of 5000 were made and sold by Bulova in 1927 to honor the New York to Paris flight of Charles A. Lindbergh. The "Lone Eagle" was made for seven years and in several case designs but those made in 1927 are the most desirable.
http://www.mybulova.com/bulova-lone-eagle-story

·
Super Moderator
15,657 Posts
Wish I could help, cuad. I have a '54 but it's a Hamilton. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Oldest watch I have is 200+ years old and, no, it's not my birth year. Closest is a 1941 Bulova that belonged to my Dad - two years before my birth year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm an M5. Thinking R.R 214 (I don't have a 214 - 4 or 5 218s). 14K. Money.....
From all I have seen and read, there are no 14K railroads. I thought it odd that Bulova didn't make any solid gold railroad watches, but apparently, that's the way it is.

Having said that, I did see a 14k railroad on eBay recently, but there is no way to tell that it was authentic; besides swapping out a movement, the case back could have been changed as well and the case itself not solid.

My daily wear is a 214 RR stainless; not birth year since first year ones seem rare. Maybe someday...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I saw that too, although the one I saw was listed as a 14k but had a stainless steel back and common 10k GF lugs. NOT a 14k. oops..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts