WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best homage for under $1500.00 that is the closest to a Rolex Submariner. I've heard Steinhart, Ginault, Gevril, Davosa, Mido and more.... Does anyone have ideas regarding quality and accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
You aren't simply fishing for buying recommendations, are you? I hope not.
The "best" homage is the one that makes you the happiest. It should please both your eye and your wallet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You aren't simply fishing for buying recommendations, are you? I hope not.
The "best" homage is the one that makes you the happiest. It should please both your eye and your wallet.
I'm nor fishing for anything. I'm asking the general public for its opinion on the best made swiss submariner and since I am not able to buy and hold each one personally I some opinions. You don't have one, that's fine... someone does. It will be either Steinhart, Ginault, Chis Ward, Gevril, Davosa or something similar. I don't want a Seiko, I am looking for two or three watch recommendations based on quality and accuracy.

·
Administrator
7,150 Posts
I own none of the above mentioned watches but I have handled a Steinhart Ocean 39 GMT and a Steinhart Ocean One GMT and thought the fit & feel was very good. Their accuracy should be quite good with the ETA 2893-2 variants they use. IMHO, Steinhart makes excellent watches for a reasonable price and from what I've read their customer service is also very good. Another option to consider is the Squale GMT which uses the same movements, might be slightly higher quality and generally is slightly higher priced than the Steinhart. Also, Glycine makes a nice 'Combat' GMT that can be found in your price range when on sale. Any of them would be a good option to the cost of a Rolex.

·
Super Moderator
16,700 Posts
No, but the Tudor is made by Rolex.
That's probably why he mentioned it...it's certainly the first choice that ran through MY mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts