WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Which do you think is the best all around SS Sports model?? New 42mm ExplorerII, SS Ceramic Sub, or SS GMT MasterII.....

Rgds.,
Ed

·
Registered
15,309 Posts
SS GMT Master II for me...

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Have to agree, GMT is the go to watch for all the characteristics we love in a Rolex.

The GMT can be used for underwater diving, knowing the current date at a glance, keeping us aware of time in one to as many as three time zones, also can be used as a stop watch, measuring duration of an event, having many color fashion combinations, and just looking like a timeless Rolex sport watch to the rest of the world.

Below a scan of the rarer of the GMT II sapphire family. A sapphire transitional 16760 with no date font on the dial.
Cheers Arthur

·
Premium Member
24,984 Posts
It looks like you're only looking at the most recent/new production models. The thing that keeps me from giving the nod to the ceramic GMT Master II is the polished center link bracelet. I'd rather have a model which has an all brushed SS finish for a daily driver. The makes the Sub the most versatile watch in the list you've provided for my money. I'd be tempted to go for the new Exp II (for the GMT function), but that orange hand might make it somewhat less versatile from a fashion perspective.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
It looks like you're only looking at the most recent/new production models. The thing that keeps me from giving the nod to the ceramic GMT Master II is the polished center link bracelet. I'd rather have a model which has an all brushed SS finish for a daily driver. The makes the Sub the most versatile watch in the list you've provided for my money. I'd be tempted to go for the new Exp II (for the GMT function), but that orange hand might make it somewhat less versatile from a fashion perspective.
Can always get it brushed :thumbup1: Then it becomes perfect!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts