WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I was just wondering what most of you do to keep your watches clean. I've noticed some junk on the back of a couple of my pieces and wasn't really sure what to do.

Thanks!

Pics for views:

·
Banned
927 Posts
A soft brush, some mild soap and warm water followed by a towel works for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
WARNING ON USING SOAP TO CLEAN WATCHES:

Soap breaks down the surface tension of water and can allow moisture to penetrate the O-rings used on dive watches and screw-down crowns, friction sealed stems and case gaskets. Over time this can cause serious damage to the stem and exposed areas of the movement.

Better to use a non-ammonia eye-glass cleaner or plain warm water.

I found this out the hard way!

NAYTH

·
Registered
514 Posts
high grade micofiber cloth for me.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
A damp cloth and a microfiber cloth to dry is about the only thing I've ever used on my watches.

On the bracelets, I'll use a small amount of soap on a toothbrush, being cautious to keep the watch as dry as possible. Opening the bracelet so that it will lay flat, helps in this process.

I don't like to do much more than get spray on my watches, regardless of WR rating.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I send certain models back to the vendor. I have always thought some of my lower end watches should go back to their roots in asia for a good cleaning. My Invictas and Renatos are packing now. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Warm water and my Braun Oral B with an old brush head does the trick for me. This really works wonders on the back side where the bracelet attaches to the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts