WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just picked this one up a couple of days ago. It is 10k gold plated with stainless steel back.

It's about 36mm without the crown, and 45mm from the tip of one lug to the other.

It's been keeping good time so far, though the alarm setting is a little fiddly with what seems to me to be a loose stem.

Comments are welcome, let me know if you've got one and can give me more info as well.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Welcome aboard!

On the last link you can see my Gruen, they're awesome!

The buzzzzzzzzzzz is so loud on alarm watches. Make sure to pull the lower crown out to make the alarm sound.

Wonderful Benrus, they're one of my favorite makers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, this one is interesting, one crown for all features, and a small red window at 12 to show if the alarm is on or off. When off, the window is white.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thats a great find!

I've never seen this model before. It looks to be a very early model looking at the dial, case and indices. I would say very early 50's. Probably a pretty rare watch and yours is in great condition. And another important watch for Benrus, as they sold an awful lot of these Wrist Alarms...:thumbup1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

If anyone has an ad from the 50's with this model in it I'd like to see it.

The lugs are really cool on this one.

·
Registered
656 Posts
**** it man, another Benrus that I'm going to have to add to the inventory! That single crown alarm is really cool! & the indicator at 12:00 is something that I haven't seen until now. Really great watch Omega & welcome to the American Forum!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got some info on the movement over on WUS. It's a Lanco Fon movement, Hartmut Richler over on WUS gave me some info on it...

Hope he doesn't mind me quoting him over here...

The Benrus "Ristalarm" will probably have a Langendorf Cal. 1241 "Lanco-fon" which was supplied to Benrus with a special fine adjustment (and marketed as the Benrus Cal. DS10). It might also be the DS1D which was actually an Adolf Schild Cal. 1475. The two are distinguished by a small window at 12:00 for the alarm indication in the Langendorf calibre.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Langendorf 1241

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Benrus DS1D (AS 1475)

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Totally cool! First time I have seen one with those options as well. Great find!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Very nice!!! Unusual size and lugs. Most seem to be in the 32-34MM size. I have about six running, and another 4 that need to go to the hospital. I also have two movements NOS still in the tins!!In addition to the leather straps, they also look nice on a fabric strap for casual wear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Might have to let this one go, no wrist time is sad for such a cool piece. I've focused on Omega and Lemania 5100's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts