WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the WTF and well just kind of getting back into picking up different pieces, not a "serious" collector but an enthusiast if you will. I own a similar Benrus d/d to that one when you open this forum, Day of the week window, and pointer for the date. Its in a stainless case with "regular" lugs, not teardroped or knotted like the one shown. I like it though and went looking for one. I saw one selling on the bay and thought I'd just watch it to see where it went. I'm guessing a few noticed it and heck one may have bought it. My watch runs OK the jeweler I used in the past who did some repairs for me wasn't too interested in repairing mine or anyone's watches b/c the time vs. what he charged there just wasn't enough GP. So I'm looking for someone who is willing to take on these watches too. So let men know if you know someone.

OK the watch sold last night, I watched it to the end, I was tempted to throw out a bid but resisted b/c of the description, one part saying NOT Running the other saying it is. I'm guessing its gonna need work. I think I can post the link since its over and I have no interest, I didn't buy or sell so I don't think I'm violating the ToS. Can you guys tell me if this was bought at "typical" market value? Did it go for more then one would expected to pay not really knowing the movement condition? Did the buyer do pretty well, enough room to have the movement serviced, with out having a watch costing 3x's what it worth? There are others with the same style lugs listed as well as "regular" lugs, there are even a couple square cases, but they are priced very high (for me). How common is the stainless version? I have yet to see another listed most all are RG/GP/ or gold? I'll try and snap a pic of mine for those to see. I think we all like pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Vintage Estate Benrus Calendar CE3 17 Jewels Man's Wristwatch Running | eBay

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the WTF and well just kind of getting back into picking up different pieces, not a "serious" collector but an enthusiast if you will. I own a similar Benrus d/d to that one when you open this forum, Day of the week window, and pointer for the date. Its in a stainless case with "regular" lugs, not teardroped or knotted like the one shown. I like it though and went looking for one. I saw one selling on the bay and thought I'd just watch it to see where it went. I'm guessing a few noticed it and heck one may have bought it. My watch runs OK the jeweler I used in the past who did some repairs for me wasn't too interested in repairing mine or anyone's watches b/c the time vs. what he charged there just wasn't enough GP. So I'm looking for someone who is willing to take on these watches too. So let men know if you know someone.

OK the watch sold last night, I watched it to the end, I was tempted to throw out a bid but resisted b/c of the description, one part saying NOT Running the other saying it is. I'm guessing its gonna need work. I think I can post the link since its over and I have no interest, I didn't buy or sell so I don't think I'm violating the ToS. Can you guys tell me if this was bought at "typical" market value? Did it go for more then one would expected to pay not really knowing the movement condition? Did the buyer do pretty well, enough room to have the movement serviced, with out having a watch costing 3x's what it worth? There are others with the same style lugs listed as well as "regular" lugs, there are even a couple square cases, but they are priced very high (for me). How common is the stainless version? I have yet to see another listed most all are RG/GP/ or gold? I'll try and snap a pic of mine for those to see. I think we all like pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Vintage Estate Benrus Calendar CE3 17 Jewels Man's Wristwatch Running | eBay
Well, I would say the owner got a nice bargain at $80.
The issue we all have in this game is to find a solid, reliable watchmaker who has parts or
access to parts, and can fix it for a reasonable amount of money.
Once you find this person, your persuit of vintage "gems" will be much easier.
G

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured I'd add a couple of pictures. I see the date and day are off. Its keeping great time with the back down on the dresser. It's, to me, a bit tricky getting the day date synced when I've let it wind down and time to reset.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Great looking watch man! I have a day-date that is currently awaiting repairs & will have to work it into the rotation soon. Your pics remind me what a great looking watch it is!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is mine fresh from the watchmaker. I have had this piece for a couple of years, just waiting for a trip to the spa. Only had a COA and it keeps great time. Going to wear it for the first time tomorrow. I noticed that all of the others pictured that the date pointer is red and mine is blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Here is mine fresh from the watchmaker. I have had this piece for a couple of years, just waiting for a trip to the spa. Only had a COA and it keeps great time. Going to wear it for the first time tomorrow. I noticed that all of the others pictured that the date pointer is red and mine is blue.
Very nice four...

Like the blue tip too!

Cool Bennie!:thumbup:

Congrats Small!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.