WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, this is my first post here after discovering these forums a month or so back and lurking for a while, so I've decided to post after getting my Bell-matic back.

After pretty much wearing this watch for most of my childhood years (and now looking back I'm very surprised it took the beating that it did with me being an active kid and all), with it eventually sitting in a draw for another 7 (no idea why I suddenly stopped wearing it), I dug it out a few months back and sent it off for repair (unfortunately I took no before pics, kinda kicking myself as it would have shown the state it was previously in!). Yesterday I got it back and I'm very happy to be wearing it again. I also feel now at 17 I can appreciate it more (especially after doing a bit of research and finding that they're quite collectable) compared to when I was a kid at say 7 or 8 years old.

If I'm honest, if it was any other watch I doubt I'd pay the amount I did to get it fixed, but it has a lot of sentimental value. It was my fathers first "proper" watch, which he bought when he and my mother were visiting my uncle (who was in the RAF and was stationed in Berlin at the time). I'm now hoping it'll serve me well in the years to come and that someday I can hopefully pass this on to my children.

So, without further ado, here are a few pictures;

DSC_0101-Edit.jpg

Thought I'd do a bit of an artsy shot and used the bottle of wine I've been chilling (off for a picnic with the other half later so I felt it was appropriate!) as a prop.

DSC_0108-Edit.jpg

DSC_0109-Edit.jpg

DSC_0111-Edit.jpg

Obligatory wrist shot...

Best,

Jack.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nice watch Jack, the bellmatics seem to be a timless design

I saw that you are from Surrey, and figured you were from Surrey BC, than looked and noticed that your from the SE area of London. :biggrin:

Nice Bellmatic and welcome aboard WTF,
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that you are from Surrey, and figured you were from Surrey BC, than looked and noticed that your from the SE area of London. :biggrin:

Nice Bellmatic and welcome aboard WTF,
Jim
Haha! I'm sure BC is equally as lovely.

Thank you very much! :001_smile: I'm sure I'll be here for a long stay.

Jack.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I wouldn't have any real idea of BC, as I'm in New York

Although I would perfer the South east side of London anyday to BC Canada I'm sure. :001_smile:

Cheers,
Jim

Haha! I'm sure BC is equally as lovely.

Thank you very much! :001_smile: I'm sure I'll be here for a long stay.

Jack.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
Nice Bellmatic Jack - and even better that it's an heirloom. Alarm watches are becoming increasingly valuable to collectors. They always had their niche, but the last couple years they've been coming to the forefront more.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Welcome and well done, it looks great. The formula is Sentimental value X Cost of repairs + Memories =$#%%^#@ HOW MUCH!!!. Mate it's all worth it.
Wear it Well,
Brian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts