WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what battery is used in the Percisionist Champlaign edition? Is it the CR2016 90mha lithium or some other? (the cr2016 is used in the claremont, but I don't want to assume and not easy to find info. Thought someone here might know.( I guess I could call Bulova in NY)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
While I don't know with absolute certainty, the movements are all the same but for the new Chronograph. I would totally expect the battery to be the same in all Precisionists. Since the movements are a good bit smaller than the cases, no need to change battery because of case size restrictions. Has yours stopped running? If so, how long did it run? Trying to get a handle on battery life in these critters. Some say to expect about 3 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. No runs fine. Somebody told me you had to change the battery every year or the accuracy falls off and it been over a year. I notice no change in accuracy whatsoever, and it's almost perfect. I believe the 1 year may be urban legend, and am thinking real battery life is probably much more. I've not seen any battery life stated from Bulova either. Great watch by the way.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
No, Buolva doesn't enlighten us on battery life. I have read posts in the past speculating on battery life. The 3 year length was based on energy consumption of this movement as compared with other current quartz movements. Personally, I wouldn't change it out until your watch begins to run erratically. I will not with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.