WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinning out a 50-year collection of assorted watches, including two Hamiltons : A Titan and a Pacer. Bought them years ago not running...would like to find out if they do run. Where to get batteries for them. Thanx in advance for any info. Charlie.

·
Super Moderator
5,252 Posts
I did a quick internet search and found this:
The solution for the Model 505 now is to go the same route as with the Model 500: use a 387S battery.
Looks as if this battery is available where ever you find "button" type batteries.
Also found this picture.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

It shows a 394 battery with some kind of spacer.
As for spacers, I have used rubber o-rings to make a battery fit my old Canon F-1 35mm camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a quick internet search and found this:
The solution for the Model 505 now is to go the same route as with the Model 500: use a 387S battery.
Looks as if this battery is available where ever you find "button" type batteries.
Also found this picture.
View attachment 230319
It shows a 394 battery with some kind of spacer.
As for spacers, I have used rubber o-rings to make a battery fit my old Canon F-1 35mm camera.
Thanx for the reply/info.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you are mainly checking watches, could buy the cheaper alkaline ones first, can be bought on cards of multiple batteries, like AG1, AG2, AG3 etc., here in UK things like 30 batteries for £1. Look up the equivalent numbers to the other numbering systems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts