WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this private run "EXXON" Vantage Electronic watch for $24 off ebay this week. It had a ghastly goldtone expansion band
on it which I replaced with black rubber. Havent had it long enough to verify or adjust the regulation yet, in fact haven't even had
the back off yet to check out the movement but everything seems to be in good order. Fun watch for the money.

vantageexxon.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The movt. is a standard time corp. 510 powered by a 344 cell. ( same as my other vantage posted last week ). This was worth it just for the spare movt.
This is an electromechanical movt powered by a battery and electronics rather than a mainspring. It eliminates daily winding or wearing of the watch for it to run.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The hands and hour markers are goldtone and black, so they match well with the black strap. The case is the same case as my other Vantage electronic, except goldtone instead of stainless.
The dial is reflective silver, so it usually looks lighter than the first photo.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The white date window looks out of place doesn't it? At least the movt features quick set date by center position crown.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sure looks bright and clean in the last photo. Nice pickup.
I think one of the reasons it sold so cheap is that the ebay photos made it look like the gold finish was worn off the bezel. When I got it, it was
just some black gunk that rubbed off leaving the case near mint. That and the fact that original band was really rough too didn't help the auction bidding .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts