WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alaska seems to follow the same native/turqouise chunky jewelry that new mexico embraces... just a thought.
It must be that sort of frontier thing. I get it where I live. Parts of Queensland are VERY frontier (not so much the Gold Coast quite urban - we just have a huge bikie/drug/shooting thing right now..). My brothers used to sometimes make their own watch bands out of the local cane toads they killed, staked out and then skinned. I think one of them once had one he made out of a calf skin - with the fur. It was the 70s.

Registered
I'm in Alaska and yes, we have some pretty aweful gold nugget watches. This is not one I have seen. We tend to stick with airplanes, animals, and fish. The turquoise and leaves are not something any respectable Alaskan would be caught with.:001_rolleyes:

Banned
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in Alaska and yes, we have some pretty aweful gold nugget watches. This is not one I have seen. We tend to stick with airplanes, animals, and fish. The turquoise and leaves are not something any respectable Alaskan would be caught with.:001_rolleyes:
Now THIS is more like it........At least Alaska has Gold. Here in Queensland we used to adorn our bands (or make them..) with cane-toad skin......

Mind you we had some **** fine big gold rushes back in the 1800s. But no-one was making watch bands then......

Banned
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

My brother just came back from Alaska and can't believe a)how stunningly beautiful it all was b)how many small boutique breweries there are c)how big the daam glasses are you people drink out of!! d)and how the people seemed to relate to Aussies quite well (similar ends of the earth I suppose....) He loved it :wink:

And how many Aussies see to be living and working in (I can't remember the name of the place - a major place - you might know it)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.