WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got an email for a kick off party for the new Hager watches. I'm going to try and attend. Anyone else going?

It's exciting to hear he has a new partnership and all Swiss made watches in this round.

Here's the link for details:

A Hager Watches Update

and here is the text from the email:

You're Invited
Hagerstown, MD – September 2012

American Watch Company Hager [Ha- Ger] Watches is excited to unveil its new 2013 Collection. The new collection features 5 new watches with 3 of them that are entirely Swiss made from Hager’s new partnership with a Swiss manufacturer. Our new Swiss partnership will enable us to share our passion for higher horology to those who have never had the experienced of owning an affordable Swiss made watch. Our goal is inclusion rather than exclusion. The Swiss watch industry, facing no competition other than themselves (mainly the big four watch companies), had exports totaling nearly 20.8 billion dollars in 2011, Swiss watch manufacturers exceeded their previous annual result by 19.2%. Let's see if we can bring some of that back home in an effort for us to fulfill our ultimate quest of opening a watch factory here in the U.S.

We’ve redesigned the Commando, added a GMT, and a pilots Chronograph. We have also designed a ladies milsub model and a classic chronograph for our original collection.

A new logo, Swiss made movements that are our own, ceramic bezels, DLC coating, recessed snail counters, and a larger size are just a few of the things you will see at our relaunch taking place on 23 September 2012 at the at the SpringHill Suites Marriott located at 17280 Valley Mall Road—Hagerstown, Maryland 21740. Kick off will be at 2pm. We will be serving hors d'oeuvres. Please join us if you can. Please RSVP so we know how many refreshments to have on hand.

Check in with Facebook or Twitter for updates if you are unable to come. Please visit us at Hager Watches.

Hope to see you there!

Dan

(PS I'm not affiliated in any way with the company, I just like that a local guy is trying to build a watch brand!)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a great visit with Pete and crew in Hagerstown today.

Pete and Bree continued to work towards their goal of creating an truly American made watch by taking the next step in their journey today. The launched several new models in two lines a new logo and a new website today.

Check out their new stuff at http://www.hagerwatches.com

Their new Swiss collection has a higher price tag and proprietary Swiss movements, ceramic bezels and either stainless or DLC cases. They have 3 models, a GMT:

traditional 3 hander (the Professional)

and a 3 dial chrono called the Skymaster

Unfortunately Pete did not have prototypes of the Swiss collection at the meeting.

They are also expanding their affordable line (called the Classic collection) that includes the Commando. Pete had his on an oyster bracelet but I couldn't convince home to trade for mine on Marathon rubber :). Pete did have prototypes of this collection so I'll share my crummy real life pictures with you.

First up is the biocompax chrono Legacie. A nice combo of modern and classic elements.

The pic doesn't show it, but the applied indices are silver.

The display back shows nice detail of the movement:

Next is the Lady Commando:

I really liked the raised indices on this one.

And here's the Commando proving its water resistance ;)

And here's mine on the timer after a year and a half:

I time it at about 7s a day but gaining time almost exclusively at night. The timer confirmed all my gain is from laying it on it's case back at night.

All the new models are available through pre-order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.