WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: I've been offered a Ball Queen 0-size. Serial number B591355. Looking at the Shugart/Engle Complete Guide, looks to be made by Waltham. Patent date is Nov. 17, '96. It look to be the hunter case movement (crown at 3:00) but was put into a conversion case for a lady's wristwatch. The watch runs, but runs about 15-20 min slow per day. I do not post enough to this group to know the rules on discussing values/prices, but here goes: the owner of the watch is ASKING $400 for it. My latest Shugart book (No. 31 from the year 2011) states $400 to $1000, but that of course is in a hunter case, which this one is not. The watch would be for resale, so I'm just not sure if $400 is a fair wholesale price, leaving any room for me to sell at a "collector" price (i.e., I don't own a retail store or gallery, so I'm not looking to sell at a retail price). The asking price seems high to me; I've seen a couple go on eBay in the $250 range, but I can't find one that matches my specimen exactly. Any comments would be welcom. I'm sorry the images aren't better. The only "camera" I had with me the time was my phone camera. Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mike ...

... that was my assessment as well, that it was overpriced. I figured to be in it right, I would have to buy it for around $150, and I didn't want to risk insulting the guy with a counter-offer when we were that far apart. Sometimes, it's just better to retreat and say "thank you, but I'll pass," especially if you anticipate the person will have other watches for sale down the road. Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.