WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. A couple of months back I bought a EMD II from an AD in England. Loving it, but was a little concerned when I saw another with 'T25' and mine just says 'T'. (the pic on their website is 'T25') I've read the threads about T being high mCi, but what I was wondering is why would you have both versions of same watch through AD in same country? Should I be worried?

·
Super Moderator
15,649 Posts
Hi, Dave!

Don't worry. You could live inside a box filled with 5,000 EMD II's for a year without being affected.

Tritium emits beta radiation. Beta particle radiation is unable to penetrate the skin. Outside the body, Tritium is totally harmless...one needs to directly inhale or ingest the gas in order for any harm to be done.

So go ahead and fearlessly buy all the Balls you want! :001_smile:

FYI Wikipedia has an excellent article on Tritium.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Good eye! I noticed it when I bought the first black bezeled EMII Diver in the US and asked Jeremy the same question (back when he was still with Ball SA). The original EMII Divers had T25 on the dial. When they came out with the all black bezeled version, the dial had only T on it. It has the same tritium content. It was a dial printing error. All EMII Divers have the same tritium content.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. It wasn't the radiation levels that were worrying me, it was the worry that I'd somehow managed to get a grey or a fake. Sounds like its just a dial misprint.

·
Super Moderator
15,649 Posts
Apologies for the mis-understanding. :blushing:

That's the good thing about buying from an AD- it removes the danger of getting a counterfeit. And besides...
I don't think you can fake Tritium!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts