WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to the general opinion which model of these 2 do you like better... They are the exact same watch but one has more tritium gas tubes...

I know how the buying has actually been going in our store but wanted to see what the feelings are among true Ball Watch lovers...

Let us know which one you like better and throw in a sentence one why... :huh:

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster Watch
Model #dm2036a-scaj-any color dial...

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster Glow Watch
Model #dm2036a-sca-any color dial..

If needed full details on these models can be seen here...

All current Ball® Watches available from us

thanks for you opinions...

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Glow for me please..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster or Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster Glow X-lum

First thanks for your reply... You prefer the Glow over the less tube model... You dont feel that the dial gets too cluttered with the extra quantity of tritium gas tubes?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Glow XLume for me, every day of the week. If I was in the position to get a new watch, that would be the one! I like both of them, but love the Glow X-Lume!
regards,
Jeff
I am curious as to the general opinion which model of these 2 do you like better... They are the exact same watch but one has more tritium gas tubes...

I know how the buying has actually been going in our store but wanted to see what the feelings are among true Ball Watch lovers...

·
Registered
59 Posts
X-Lume it has tritium and LOTS (the light blue I own)<---Very Pleased with this Ball
Id buy the Spacemaster instead if it had full T, no doubt, I like dial details en pieces. Though Spacemaster with Dial guilloche, mabye big date, or Gmt (some complication) with the X-lume tube amount and full T would be what Id put together if had ultimate choice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The replies so far really amaze me... because from our store we sell the regular Spacemaster to the X-lume like 4 to 1... but everyone so far on this forum is for the Spacemaster Glow X-lume version.. strange how this is working out...

Both a great watches in any case!

keep up the responses.. would love to get more opinions...

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
You dont feel that the dial gets too cluttered with the extra quantity of tritium gas tubes?
Nope! The more tubes teh better!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Aww, yeahh Steve! The X-lume Glow with the small seconds all the way around like the NT! That is what I would love to see on any Ball watch dial! It's what lured me in!! :001_tt1:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Glow for me! The dial still looks very clean and the extra tubes make the lume beyond anything I have ever seen. When I can afford another watch, so far, this looks like the one.

best wishes,
Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Au contraire....

Someone has to be the contrarian, so it may as well be me!

I went with the Spacemaster, white dial, and here's why...

First, I really love the white dial, with the blued hour/minute hands! Love it!

It is by far the easiest watch in my collection to quickly glance at, and see the time. If it's bright sunlight and I'm outdoors, the blued hands against the white dial are easy to distinguish at a glance. As nighttime falls, the tubes glow, again providing easy, quick time reading!

Yeah, I would have loved to have the extra tubes, but not if I had to sacrifice the white dial, blued hands and the beautiful guilloche dial!

Hey, I check my watches much more during the day/lit room situation then I do at night, or in complete darkness.

Bottom line is, they are both wonderful timepieces!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Someone has to be the contrarian, so it may as well be me!

I went with the Spacemaster, white dial, and here's why...

First, I really love the white dial, with the blued hour/minute hands! Love it!

It is by far the easiest watch in my collection to quickly glance at, and see the time. If it's bright sunlight and I'm outdoors, the blued hands against the white dial are easy to distinguish at a glance. As nighttime falls, the tubes glow, again providing easy, quick time reading!

Yeah, I would have loved to have the extra tubes, but not if I had to sacrifice the white dial, blued hands and the beautiful guilloche dial!

Hey, I check my watches much more during the day/lit room situation then I do at night, or in complete darkness.

Bottom line is, they are both wonderful timepieces!
In terms of going for the clean white dial I can't blame you for that! The blued hands are the bomb! I regret letting my white MadCow go..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glow...

Black dial and my first Ball bought last year as a present to myself. Given that I am a recreational diver I maybe should have gone for the diver range but..

It was my partner that saw an advert in The Times - the ad with the X-prize and said "thats a nice watch, what do you think" - this from a woman who has never mentioned watches before...

10 days later it was on my wrist!

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
I love the Glow with the blue dial clean look day or night. I am a sucker for a watch with a blue dial.:thumbup1:
I'm with you on this one. I think that the blue Spacemaster X-lume is beautiful and clean looking for almost any occasion where a blue dial matches one's clothes. When I saw one in Vera's display case last year, I was hooked.

(I'm talking about the second, slightly darker version, which I think Ball nailed perfectly. The first version was too powdery blue for me.)

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts