WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, just managed to find my way back here after a pretty tumultuous year, personally.

I lost my job in February of last year, turned 50 in July, got separated in August, and moved to Portland, Oregon in November. The move required that I sell off some beloveds, including my Martin D40 guitar, my "grail" Planet Ocean 45mm, my EL WTF LTD (which I plan on replacing as soon as I can; LOVED that watch) and some other odds and ends. I still have my Oris Williams F1 and my Ball Engineer Master II Aviator. On the latter; apologies to Tom from Atlanta who inquired about buying it!

I'm working at a high-end acoustic guitar shop in Portland now, and trying to get on board as a track photographer at Portland International Raceway. Life's a little different now, but it's okay. If I do decide to expand my watch collection, it'll be with lower-end budget brands, at least for the time being.

Anyway, I know it's been a while since I posted here, so I thought I'd say hi!

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Hey Everyone, just managed to find my way back here after a pretty tumultuous year, personally.

I lost my job in February of last year, turned 50 in July, got separated in August, and moved to Portland, Oregon in November. The move required that I sell off some beloveds, including my Martin D40 guitar, my "grail" Planet Ocean 45mm, my EL WTF LTD (which I plan on replacing as soon as I can; LOVED that watch) and some other odds and ends. I still have my Oris Williams F1 and my Ball Engineer Master II Aviator. On the latter; apologies to Tom from Atlanta who inquired about buying it!

I'm working at a high-end acoustic guitar shop in Portland now, and trying to get on board as a track photographer at Portland International Raceway. Life's a little different now, but it's okay. If I do decide to expand my watch collection, it'll be with lower-end budget brands, at least for the time being.

Anyway, I know it's been a while since I posted here, so I thought I'd say hi!
Yeesh, tumultuous is an understatement! Well, I'm happy that you are finally settling in and finding time to once again pursue the things you like. Welcome back!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back Steve, I'm a noob but hopefully my sense of humor will cheer you up in short time and im all about cheaper brands hehehe.
Thanks, Bro.

Make no mistake, I'm definitely a "make lemonade" kinda' guy...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeesh, tumultuous is an understatement! Well, I'm happy that you are finally settling in and finding time to once again pursue the things you like. Welcome back!
Thanks!

'Twas a time I was mildly prolific here. I hope to be once again...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Let me just say that it was a pleasure to clear the path for you to return. Glad to have you back, and I look forward to your first "Incoming!" post regardless of what type of watch you get. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Like the rappers say: "When the money gets funny the honey gets runny."

You will have to start watching 'Portlandia' so you get a better idea what the heck is going up here in the Great Pacific Northwest! Good luck to you. Maybe you can join a barbershop quartet.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you, all, for the kind "welcome back".

Dennis, yeah, just when we'd gotten the path clear, the walls started crumbling. I'm building them back up now, and it's nice to know I'm among friends as I do it.

And, Watchdog, there are no words...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don’t get it... How was your year tumultuous???? :confused1:

Just kidding of course!!!:laugh:

Maybe Portland really sucks!!!:confused1:

Just kidding again... :w00t:

All the best to you!!! Welcome back!!! Lemonade time!!! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.