WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a little new in this big World of watches, could anyone Who really knows about the topic, tell a little about today Seiko movements designations and how do they compare with the manufacturer like Miyota, ETA, Sellita and Ronda. I really want to know when I buy a watch and realized what I'm buying. Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,826 Posts
My turn to apologize: I'm cloudy on how you define the word designations when talking about movements, inasmuch as it isn't an official horological term. In other words, what do you mean by "designations"?

·
Super Moderator
4,900 Posts
Your questions are too broad and the answers are too many. Each company makes watches at several quality and price levels. Some companies manufacture every piece of every watch they build and others buy movements to put in to their watch cases. Are you looking at Seiko 5 or are you out to get a Grand Seiko or Credor? The last I looked Sellita movements were basically clones based on ETA originals and ETA acquired a few other companies to call their own. Miyota makes the 8215 beater that ends up in watches from all over the world and within the last few years decided to throw in the 9015. I don't know of any mechanical movements from Ronda, but I own several watches with Ronda quartz movements. Do you want something that is 5-beat, or 18,000 alterations per hour (A/h). 6-beat (21,600 A/h), and even 5.5-beat (19,200 A/h) movements, or maybe 8-beat (28,800 A/h) or even 10-beat (36,000 A/h)?
I don't know how to tell you what you seem to want because there are so many variables.

Found Ronda does now have an in-house automatic movement. Not much written about the R150 and it seems to be used very little by manufacturers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
recently I am looking into the swiss brand NOVE and they're using AUTOMATIC R150 MOVEMENT
here is the info, help this help

Made with a Swiss-made Automatic R150 movement, we carefully designed every piece of the Trident Automatic to fit perfectly into the slim Trident case without increasing its size.

·
Super Moderator
15,826 Posts
Actually, what NOVE seems to prefer are the Swiss Ronda movements for both automatic and quartz watches.
And while I'm at it, I'm a little confused...why would you make a posting about a Swiss watch in the Seiko Forum when you have at least one Swiss watch forum to play with?

·
Super Moderator
5,950 Posts
Actually, what NOVE seems to prefer are the Swiss Ronda movements for both automatic and quartz watches.
And while I'm at it, I'm a little confused...why would you make a posting about a Swiss watch in the Seiko Forum when you have at least one Swiss watch forum to play with?
Because they're advertising for Nove .....

·
Super Moderator
15,826 Posts
I'm feeling so naive right now I could hurl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts