WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today 11 WIS, 3 spouses and 70 watches attended the GTG at Pappasito's Cantina in Atlanta. Lum-Tec sent baseball caps for those who attended as well as a 10 watch showcase. Several of the WIS had never seen a Lum-Tec and seemed impressed with the watches. Several there were already Lum-Tec owners and were wearing them. There was great spirit and some mighty fine watches. There was also a "classic" Rolex Explorer II and the newest just released Rolex Explorer II. I just wish all of you could have joined us. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
Great pictures and a super cool table shot, Bill !

Oh, and the LT hats on all of you are priceless !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, one can never have a Pelican case that is too large! :biggrin: Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hey everyone .... it was WELL worth the 503-mile (roundtrip) excursion to Atlanta today!!I had a tremendously good time with everyone. It was nice to meet people and make new friends who suffer the same the same passion (addiction). I was especially honored to have my brother and his wife attend. A special thanks to Chris Wiegand for loaning an excellent sampling of his currently available production models for us to handle and drool over. I found the M49 to be particularly striking. Photos simply do not do it justice. Very clean. I look forward to the next gathering.

Thanks everyone that put this shin-dig together and you can certainly count me in for the next gathering.

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Great to see you guys n gals catching up and having fun, with some great timepieces to show, too. I must say I love those two Rolexs. Why does that happen? I make a rational decision to stay well away from them, but their siren call persists. I love the M49, too...so can't wait for the M61.

We should have one of these GTGs in Hawaii...it would give me half a chance of getting there :D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hey... who's the guy on the left with the Omega hat, and who let HIM in???

:drool:
That's me!

I briefly owned an M41 so they let me in the door.

The GTG was great and the LTs Chris sent down for us to inspect were impressive. I sat next to them at the table so had a great opportunity to examine and inspect them up close. They are definitely margarita-proof but unfortunately, my watch fund is depleted at the moment with the acquisition of my new 42mm EXPII.

The ATL GTG is becoming a quarterly event and I hope more of you will join us next time. The watches, food, and fellowship were all great.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on a great TGT. It would help to have names along with the pics so we can put a post to a face. Glad everyone had a good time.

·
Registered
15,314 Posts
If I were you guys, I'd give Scott_D some serious hard time.
The guy 'flies' to Tampa GTG and cannot make the local ones ?? :lol::wink:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Wow that looks like my kind of group! I'm glad you all had a good time, and I wish I could have made it! Maybe next time..

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
skypilot, if anyone went hungry it was his/her fault! :001_rolleyes: The food at Pappasito's is fantastic.

We really did have fun and the watches were amazing! I'm looking forward to our next GTG in the spring. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
If I were you guys, I'd give Scott_D some serious hard time.
The guy 'flies' to Tampa GTG and cannot make the local ones ?? :lol::wink:
That's what I was thinking! :blink:

Hey give me a break here, the Tampa one isn't 3 weeks before Christmas, and on a weekend with enough work for the weekend to keep me busy for 9 months! :scared: Trust me, given the choice I'd have MUCH rather been there vs. what I had to do.

But it does look like a great time Bill, sorry I missed it. I was really trying to get down there to it, but it just wasn't going to work. But you'll see me at the spring one for sure! :thumbup1:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts