WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, i just got a gift from my parents, its E13360 Mens BREITLING Aeromarine Chrono.
i dont know wheather its authentic or not, i want to ask is there any certificate inside the box or not?

thanks for help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello and welcome!

It would be helpful if you post a picture of the watch and what you received. There are many experts here that can answer your question quickly.:001_smile:

Having said that, if the watch was purchased at an authorized dealer, you have nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hi Sakehand,

Welcome to WTF & the Breitling forum! :thumbup1: Hope to see you post here often & join in on the daily fun.

As to whether the watch should have a certificate or not. If it's new, yes. It should have a certificate certifying it as a chronometer. This will be a paper about 8x6. It should also have International Warranty book, which on the last page should have the dealers name stamped in the "country and retailer's name' field. This assumes the watch was bought at an authorized dealer.

If it's a used watch or bought from a non-AD, then it's possible these would be missing. It does not necessarily mean the watch isn't authentic. Gray market dealers don't always get the warranty card (as watches bought from gray dealers won't have warranties honored by Breitling but by the retailer).

As Steve said, if you'll post pictures of the watch & all boxes & papers you have someone may be able to help with the authenticity question.

Good luck, and if you need help on posting the pictures, just let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thats the problem, when i take the watch picture closly it getting worst.. cant see anything. in this picture im using standart digital camera, i think i need take with with SLR camera model. so i can take the picture closly with high quality.

i get the watch only with box and book, no certificate inside it, its absolutly new, still have plastic cover for protect the watch.
but im worry if its not authentic, can someone here help me out about this

Here is the picture

I will update with high quality picture from SLR camera

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hey Sakehand,

well, like you said the pictures are a bit hard to see. Check your camera to see if it has a macro mode. If you have a mode button or dial, the macro will be an icon of a flower. That sets the focal length to a shorter distance allowing you to get closer clear pictures.

So first thing that jumps out to me is that's the wrong book. The book is for a Crosswind Special, and the Crosswind hasn't been made in at least 3 years. It's also not in the same class (it's a Windrider, not Aeromarine), so the books wrong. The watch looks to be an Avenger.

Now, before I go into this let me say I am NOT an expert at spotting fakes. I also don't have an Avenger, so I'm comparing to the pictures I have in the Chronologs....

That said, here's the items that jump to me as suspicious.

1) I've never received a new Breitling with wrappers all around the watch. They've had a protective sticker on the crystal, a sticker on the back & maybe some bluish stickers on the bracelet face. Never a 'wrap' around the watch or bracelet. So that jumps out.
2) Is the numbers raised or painted on? All the Chrono Avengers I've seen are raised (applied) markers.
3) The book issue, wrong book
4) Bracelet. The bracelet is a Pro I, which hasn't been made in over a year. It's possible it was lying around a dealer as old stock, but its not the latest (which if it is authentic is a good thing. Many prefer the old Pro I to the newer Pro II)
5) the lume pearl on the bezel looks wrong. Is it raised or flat? It should be flat and slightly below the bezel.

So that's the thoughts I had. Again, I'm not saying it's not genuine, but those questions do come to mind. If you can get some macro pictures, that'll help.

Also, if you're worried about it being authentic take it in to a Breitling dealer & have them check it out. Preferably one with a Breitling watchmaker as they'll know better than the sales people.

At the very least you were given an old book for the wrong model. That fact is the one most troubling to me as the Crosswind hasn't been produced since at least '05 & I believe '04. Did your parents buy it at a store or online?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
online i guess, thats the problem, no one in my country use this watch and understand about this. familiar with rolex i thought.
will update for macro ficture.
the number is raised. i feel suspicious when see the book, why i got that book, not same with the model.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Ok, glad to know it's raised...

Well, online definitely leads to the possibility of it not being genuine. Another option you can do is find a local watchmaker that can remove the back & when putting it back on pressure test to ensure it's sealed. The rotor inside will say Breitling if genuine. That's the one thing you can always count on it seems. I've never seen a fake watch take it so far as to try to duplicate the rotor. Also, the Breitling movements are slightly decorated and have a somewhat distinctive look. If the rotor has Breitling engraved on it, I'd be 99.999% sure it's legit.

Now, if they bought it online, it would almost certainly have been from a gray market dealer. None (well, extremely few) are authorized, so you wouldn't have Breitlings warranty. Instead, you'd need to deal with the seller who offers their own warranty. So you'll want to get the name of the place from your parents before they possibly forget. Once you get that you can investigate them to see if they're a gray dealer or not.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Hey Guys,

I don't know a lot about different models and certainly the pictures could be clearer however the little bracelet watch is in an analog form,so that means from what I have been told that the watch is an older model,which would concur with the Pro 1 bracelet.

It appears to be a Chrono Avenger.Is it Titanium or SS?:confused1:

Now the photos,this by no means is a photo tutorial however it might make a photo clearer for us to study your watch.

If the SLR is digital great but otherwise as already has been suggested,select the macro mode,use natural sunlight outside and hold the camera still and shoot.

Lighting is the most important factor in photos as inside different types of light globes will give you different coloured photos.(Eg fluro lights will be blue,incandesant will have a yellow tinge.)

I am suggesting outside as it will give a fairly decent picture even if the watch is slightly shaded.Try putting the watch on a table and take a photo in the four compass positions,N,S,E and W.

Goodluck and lets see if we can sought this out.:wink:

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Hey Guys,

I don't know a lot about different models and certainly the pictures could be clearer however the little bracelet watch is in an analog form,so that means from what I have been told that the watch is an older model,which would concur with the Pro 1 bracelet.

Yup, I believe '05 was the last year the analog co-pilot was made, though it might have been '04 (I'm missing my '05 Chronolog, so I can't confirm. But it's not in the '06).

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Without really clear photos it's very difficult to tell....
I have to agree with Scott on one thing - the lume 'dot' on the bezel is unusual. It should be flat, not a raised 'bubble' shape like this one.
The only other thing I noticed was that it appears on your watch that there are no small markers in between the minute markers on the dial, but the more I look at the pics, the more I think it's just no quite in focus to show them - I know it's hard to get the pics to show these small details.
You definitely need to get a watchmaker to 'pop the back' on this one to find out for sure...
Best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts