WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Navitimer would have been made with 200 m water resistant ? or do you feel it is good enough for 30m WR ? Does the 200m WR will make the price even higher ?

I found it to be too fragile only to have 30m WR... Don't get me wrong, i love the navitimer design,, but its just the WR things worries me...

any opinion would be appreciated...

Cheers
Pete J

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pete, it's a pilots watch. There ain't much ocean at an altitude of37,000 feet. :sneaky2::laugh:

On the positive side, your watch could even handle this situation:

:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:

LOL,,, but seriously i was thinking the same thing... what if the pilot has to do an emergency landing on ( or 'in") the water ? One simply can't raise the watch arm ,trying to keep the beloved navitimer dry while screaming mayday :biggrin:..

and 30mWR won't survive your kind of situation ..

Cheers

·
Registered
617 Posts
I suppose the short answer as to why is that it was just designed that way. Most watches have a solid case and the bezel is added onto the outside. On the Navitimer, that bezel and crystal are the front of the case. And a hefty gasket, which it is constantly sliding on, is the only thing keeping the water out. I would bet that with a brand new gasket it would pass the 100M test, but since that gasket is constantly wearing (as you turn the bezel) Breitling just doesn't want their customers to push it. Their answer would probably be to buy a more suitable model.

BTW, I have a customer who insisted on surfing with his Navitimer and even bragged about how durable it was. That lasted for about 4 years until the day he came in with it full of salt water- a very expensive repair.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.