WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I haven't been posting much thanks to some real-life stuff and blah, blah BLAH.

Anyway, I would like some help with this one! I recently got a great art-deco Bulova watch at an auction for what I think is a STEAL, but I'm not too sure.

It looks to have an old metal band on it, but the problem is I can't get to the movement, the crown and stem are behind the case, so I'll need to pull the crown off but I'm not sure how.
It does work, but it's a bit sluggish.
I don't even know if it's solid gold or not, i doubt it is. I see some pitting on the back, but the front looks to be in great shape.
The crystal is pretty cloudy, which is a bit odd.

Anyway, here's some pics. Let me know if you know the model name, some info and maybe a price!

·
Banned
615 Posts
I think NOT gold probably White 14 kt gold filled.
It is Art Deco so 1925 - xx. WE can date Bulova from movement sign

Nice watch - enjoy. What else you like to know?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Success! I got the watch open! I had to take off the old band, but i doubt it was doing much for the watch.
The movement needs to be cleaned, the watch certainly has been used.

The stamping is pretty small, but on the case, I believe it's patented 1927, 14k gold filled, serial number 7526213

The movement is a 10AN movement, 17 jewel, it's number is 296809

I read somewhere that the original 5000 of these sold are really collectible? How do I go about finding out of this one is original?

Thanks for the help folks!

EDIT:
The movement has a square on it, so it dates from 1927

Reactions: Valtyr

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you!

I did some more research, I don't think it's from the original run of 5000 Lone Eagle's.

Reactions: Valtyr

·
Banned
615 Posts
Success! I got the watch open! I had to take off the old band, but i doubt it was doing much for the watch.
The movement needs to be cleaned, the watch certainly has been used.

The stamping is pretty small, but on the case, I believe it's patented 1927, 14k gold filled, serial number 7526213

The movement is a 10AN movement, 17 jewel, it's number is 296809

I read somewhere that the original 5000 of these sold are really collectible? How do I go about finding out of this one is original?

Thanks for the help folks!

EDIT:
The movement has a square on it, so it dates from 1927
Well Done
The 'square' dates it.
It is a very nice watch. I have a little more info at museum and will take a look.

It is a very nice watch.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
This is a very nice example of the 1927-28 cut corner enameled edition of the Lone Eagle. Based upon the case number, it is also clearly not one of the original 5,000. Frankly, IMHO there is not any real difference other than the case numbers and movement numbers... and MAYBE the hands... and it also seems that the original 5000 MIGHT actually have been shipped to various re-sellers when the model was still called the Conquerer in the ads... though perhaps called Lone Eagle in the ads in the weeks and months it likely took to actually sell them... as it was likely not changed to/marketed by the name Lone Eagle until the original 5000 were probably already long-shipped. There is a lot of myth around this watch, and rightfully so, and you have a nice repairable example... original 5000 or not! (When the truth differs from the myth... print the myth.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.