WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum.. Sorry for jumping straight to my query. I recently bought Armani AR5890 from eBay India. I purchased the watch for approx $100 (5500INR) and I purchased it just because the link was on the homepage and eBay was giving a special discount on the watch. The seller has a good feedback rating and he was giving 1 year seller's warranty on the watch. I don't know but I had a gut feeling that the watch is not real. So I went to a watch store and he opened the rear of the watch. He told that the watch is a replica since it has Japanese movement while the genuine watch has Swiss movement. I have shot some pictures of the same. Kindly help me get out the confusion?

ImageShack Album - 3 images

ImageShack Album - 1 images

Thanks for your time and patience,
Regards
Prankie

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Armani makes clothing, their watches are what we call "Fashion" watches and they're not expensive. I doubt anyone here knows enough about the brand to tell you if it's fake or not. You might have to e-mail Armani customer service to find any help.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I can't imagine anyone faking a $200 fashion watch but I guess anything is possible.

armani watch ar 5890 | eBay

I've been on their website and looked at various sales on e-bay and see nothing that would lead me to believe it should have a swiss movement. I'm not sure why you think it should. Maybe you just got a deal.

If it works....enjoy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's like asking if your new Hanes socks are fake or not. do they fit your feet? are they comfortable? good. you didn't spend enough money or buy enough prestige for it to matter whether or not it's real or fake, as long as it works. i understand that for some people, $100 is a lot for a watch, but the differences in quality for most (MOST) watches under the $500 price point is minimal at best. maybe you'll get a crappy chinese mechanical movement instead of a crappy chinese quartz (battery-powered) movement. maybe you'll get some kind of mineral crystal instead of plastic. but they're all pretty equal in the end. here's how i feel about watches you can buy at the mall: Fossil makes essentially every quartz watch you can buy at the mall. anything you by that doesn't say fossil, as a general rule, is a fossil with a Michael Kors, Burberry, Armani (or WHATEVER high-end fashion brand) logo on it. and since a fossil could go for $100 (smh) then you paid for what you've got either way. if you like it, enjoy it. if you just don't like it, do your homework on watches, and get something a little better next time. just know you'll be spending more than $100, and to ask all your questions BEFORE you buy it. that said - WELCOME TO THE FORUM! there's lots of info here to educate yourself!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Maybe he's wearing a $100,000 watch and comes from a stealth forum to have fun. The question is like wondering if your new Citizen quartz might have a Timex quartz movement. Like someone took the time and energy to even do that. Dude, save your money on watches. Take the same money and buy a large Armani logo and put it on a gold-colored chain and wear it around your neck. Then everyone can plainly see that you are an Armani-type dude. I see that sort of thing in 'music' videos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.