WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a question. 8 years ago I bought a Relic brand watch at JC Penny for around 80 dollars. I wore it every day and I liked it a lot. A few weeks ago I broke it on accident when replacing the battery it was all my fault. So I looked online and I see the exact same Relic watch for 20 dollars. I thought that sounded like a great price for a watch that I already knew that I liked and that would last many years. When it arrived though, it was light weight, and cheesy feeling. 2 weeks later the turn dial is falling off regularly and the pins on the band are working themselves loose. I am curious if the quality has gone way down, or if there are actually fakes made of cheap watches, any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
16,886 Posts
No brand is immune from being counterfeited! I have seen a site or two that will actually BRAG that their watches are replicas, and I was quite surprised how far down the "food chain" the list went. In fact with enough research you can find fakes that will be more expensive than the genuine article!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Think of the cheapest, crappiest, watch you've ever seen. Yes, there are fakes of that watch floating around too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I have seen fake Invicta watches.

Shouldn't be surprising. They are popular with the general public.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If a watch is considered cheap due to inferior quality, it would seem that owning a replica of that watch is not the main issue unless it is worst quality such as this example. I known a few who own some nice replicas of the originals but they are not consider cheap either. Oh well, hopefully you didn't have too much attachment to that watch but for 8 years, that is quite a long time for a Relic which is never the cost but the joy in wearing it to give us the time.

Cheers :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.