WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Administrator
8,022 Posts
Emu and Ostrich farming used to be a thing up here until about 15 yrs ago or so. Back in working days, I used to handle insurance claims under a program my employer sold for Emu & Ostrich farms. I was told by more than one of the ostrich farmers that McDonalds was considering using ostrich meat (yes, a "McOstrich burger") at one time but obviously that never went thru. Bison meat is/was readily available here and yes its very lean and tasty. I've had alligator nuggets while in Florida and yep, they are good. :)

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I shall take your word for that Mikey, I have never eaten any of the animals listed and prefer to stay with chicken and cows. The English are not known for being adventurous. I have a few Ostrich leg watch straps purchased from Thailand on ebay and they are fantastic but I draw the line at eating them.

· Administrator
8,022 Posts
I shall take your word for that Mikey, I have never eaten any of the animals listed and prefer to stay with chicken and cows. The English are not known for being adventurous. I have a few Ostrich leg watch straps purchased from Thailand on ebay and they are fantastic but I draw the line at eating them.
A couple of mine with an Ostrich strap...
Watch Clock Analog watch Wood Watch accessory

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yourkshire puds are harmless and only consist of flour, egg and milk. Black pudding however is a different kettle of fish. Most people make the mistake of not ensuring it is dead before consuming it with disastrous results. Eaten mainly by the northerners of england. We from the south tend to eat fish and chips with a pickled onion or a wally. Very safe.

· Super Moderator
17,344 Posts
"YOURKSHIRE" ?
You love doing this to the ignorant American, don't ya?
That's okay. I have wide shoulders. LOL :giggle:
So tell me... what's a "Wally" ?
(And after this we really should get back to talking about watches!)

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wally was used 20 odd years ago in the uk to signify a fool but has long sinse gone out of fashion only to be replaced by stronger terms A pickled gherkin [ very small cucumber] has been known as a Wally since the eighteen hundreds in the east end of london and continues to be used by the older generations. Tastes wonderfeul with chish and fips as londoners say.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts