WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been obsessed with Invictas for some time now. I own three and my wife has two. After reading only a few threads it seems that the general consensus is that Invictas are "crap". I've never had problems with them. Until now. the rubber on both of the bands that my coalition model has cracked and crumble. Invictas sells replacement bands on their website ($100 each) but they are always out of stock. So now I have mixed feelings about this brand. Anyone know where I can find new bands for A Coalition Model #0671.

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
Just 3 days ago I laid to rest my Reserve Pro Diver.🤬 😡🤬
Bernie (my watch guy) told me he can't fix it...and keep the cost of repairs below the cost of buying a new one. I have mixed emotions here. The movement, a Sellita SW-200, was insanely accurate, but the actual watch was too big and heavy for my liking.
Now I'm kinda wondering how much longer my regular Pro Diver will last. :unsure:
Good thing I have my post-World War 2 Hamiltons to keep me happy!

·
Administrator
6,963 Posts
I have 2 Invictas, where can I buy that polish? :)
😄;)

·
Administrator
6,963 Posts
9937OB for about $175 on Jomashop site. Mine's been running for 11 years. Has the SW-200 movement. BTW, that price is about $25 less than I paid.
I have/had that same watch for about 10 yrs and just replaced the movement in it about 5 mos ago before gifting it to my grand-son. He was happier than a pig .. .... to get it.

·
Super Moderator
5,329 Posts
I think the older, smaller Pro Divers are atill a good value for an every day watch. The 9937OB is just a small step ahead with the SW-200 movement.
You all know how much I like Seiko as a company, but I have to say the only Pro Diver I own that has given me any trouble is one with the NH25A movement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
😄;)
I thought that you just made that up in Photo Shop! Didn't know that it was a real item. Live and learn!

·
Super Moderator
16,540 Posts
Jeepers SFwG, you make it sound like Invicta makes its own :poop: polish!

Oops! - maybe I shouldn't have said that...I don't believe Eyal Lalo would financially compensate me for coming up with a new marketing idea for him!

·
Registered
50+ and some actually work.
72 Posts
Plenty of Independent watch brands out there with 100% more original and not hideous designs with known reliable movements and some even with Swiss movements. I would avoid Invicta unless they have something truly unique that you can't get elsewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts