WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Looking to acquire an Ingenieur, but I'm just wondering if all Ingenieurs in the market are anti-magnetic / shock-resistant? Or just the recent mission earth. The new ones are too large for me, I've my eyes on a slightly older all titanium Ingenieur, but not sure if they have the same anti magnetic / shock capabilities.

Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Most of them are anti-magnetic and shock resistant, the Titanium 3227 sure is. An exception is the Ingenieur from the Vintage line with a display-back.

Here is a picture of my 3227-01 (steel version) and this one, just like the Titanium version, has an anti-magnetic shield:

As for shock resistance: we are talking mechanical watches here so I am always careful with them. I think Quartz watches are more suited in extremely shocking environments.

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
41 Posts
For the current range, only the mission earth and mission earth special edition are anti magnetic. Those with exhibition casebacks are not e.g. The big ingy (including special editions like the zidane) and the chrono (including the german football team edition).

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for shock resistance: we are talking mechanical watches here so I am always careful with them. I think Quartz watches are more suited in extremely shocking environments.

Kind regards,

Cinq
So Cinq which kind of activities could be dangerous for the 322701 movement?

Even clap the hands??

·
Registered
592 Posts
So Cinq which kind of activities could be dangerous for the 322701 movement?

Even clap the hands??
I have heard that playing golf isn't too good. Using pneumatic hammers, chopping wood and stuff like that is also definitely a no-no.

Two weeks ago, I have been wearing my Inge while mountainbiking and this hasn't hurt the watch. My wrist was suffering more from the 200+ grams of steel...

Kind regards,

Cinq

1 - 6 of 6 Posts